Highlighted
Kudos: 9

Changes in controller do not trigger provisioning of APs

[ Edited ]

I have two seperate "Unifi" based networs that I mange.  One at home and another at Church.  My home network will automatically provision my AP if I add a Wireless Network or make other changes.  At the Church location if I make the same kind of change the APs do not provision and I must mannually initiate a provision via the controller GUI.   The topology of the network isn't anythin special, 4 UAP-AC-LR and a Unifi16 Port Switch and USG and colud key.  All are updated with latest FW.

This is not a show stopper but is inconvienient, especially considering expansion plas I have to increase number of APs to 10+.  

Any thoughts how to resolve?

Curt.

Established Member
Kudos: 543
Solutions: 179

Re: Changes in controller do not trigger provisioning of APs

are you getting any kind of STUN errors?

No errors or warnings evident in the "Alert" tab.  Should I look elsewhere?

Established Member
Kudos: 543
Solutions: 179

look on the "Devices" list on the controller and see if there is a yellow triangle (or any other kind of warning) on the APs
Kudos: 22
Solutions: 4

@cesibley wrote:

I have to sepearte "Unifi" based networs that I mange.  One at home and another at Church.  My home network will automatically provision my AP if I add a Wireless Network or make other changes.  At the Church location if I make the same kind of change the APs do not provision and I must mannually initiate a provision via the controller GUI.   The topology of the network isn't anythin special, 4 UAP-AC-LR and a Unifi16 Port Switch and USG and colud key.  All are updated with latest FW.

This is not a show stopper but is inconvienient, especially considering expansion plas I have to increase number of APs to 10+.  

Any thoughts how to resolve?

Curt.

I've seen this a couple of times lately when I was adding a new wireless network to use for troubleshooting and the device stated it had applied and saved the settings but it never went into provisioning so the SSiD never showed up.  Same as you, manually provisioned and it was fine and more of an annoyance than anything else but I have seen this behaviour in 5.7.23

No  warnings next to the APs on the Devices page.