Changes to controller and effects

Hello

I'm sure this has been asked before, but I can't seem to find any information.

What I'm trying to find is any list of changes that will cause provisions to drop clients, on live network (LAN and WLAN) and what will not. 

Yes I know, always perform off hours or with notice, but sometimes our customers just need it to be done NOW! On the fly.

Hopefully there is some list out there, otherwise I'll just trial and error on my private network and post the results (If my family dosn't murder me, before I get a chance), lol.

Kudos: 4113
Solutions: 1057

Re: Changes to controller and effects

Hello @Ch0,

99% of the changes made in the controller have effects on the devices.

Regards,

Glenn R.

Cloud Hosted Controllers | Glenn R. | UniFi Installation/Easy Update Scripts | UniFi-Video Installation Scripts | UniFi-VoIP Installation Scripts
USG-XG-8 • USG-4-PRO • USG
US-XG-16 • US-48-500W • US-24-POE-250W 2x • US-16-POE-150W 3x • US-24 • US-8-150W • US-8
UAP XG • UAP-SHD • UAP-HD • UAP-NanoHD 2x • UAP-AC-PRO 2x • UAP-AC-LITE • UAP-AC-IW • UAP-AC-M • UAP-AC-M-PRO 2x
UAS-XG • UCK-G2-PLUS • UCK-G2 • UCK

Thanks for getting back to me.

What I'm trying to determine, is what changes will drop users, and what can be done behind the scenes without anyone being able to notice any major loss.

Kudos: 56
Solutions: 25

[ Edited ]

Whenever I've updated my CK or controller firmware, I didn't have any downtime. When I updated my hardware firmware, the device reboots and leads to small downtime.

I haven't experienced any downtime when making config changes unless it was a port change on my switch. Creating firewall rules or renaming something causes provisioning, but does not lead to downtime.

Kudos: 4113
Solutions: 1057

Hello @Ch0,

Changes made to the UAP/changes that have to do with wireless networks.

Nobody will experience any “major” issues since a provision only takes a few seconds and users will reconnect.

Regards,

Glenn R.

Cloud Hosted Controllers | Glenn R. | UniFi Installation/Easy Update Scripts | UniFi-Video Installation Scripts | UniFi-VoIP Installation Scripts
USG-XG-8 • USG-4-PRO • USG
US-XG-16 • US-48-500W • US-24-POE-250W 2x • US-16-POE-150W 3x • US-24 • US-8-150W • US-8
UAP XG • UAP-SHD • UAP-HD • UAP-NanoHD 2x • UAP-AC-PRO 2x • UAP-AC-LITE • UAP-AC-IW • UAP-AC-M • UAP-AC-M-PRO 2x
UAS-XG • UCK-G2-PLUS • UCK-G2 • UCK