Scheduled maintenance: Community will be offline Monday June 17th, 1:00 AM - 6:00 AM (PT)

Client can’t connect to network

I’ve had an installation of 7 switches powering 17 access points in an apartment complex and i began a rolling upgrade of the access points’ firmware last week. Since then, I’ve had one client who cannot connect. All other clients have been able to connect and several of those have been able top connected to the same access point that this client is attempting to connect to. So far I’ve restarted the switch powering this AP, restarted the AP itself and plugged the AP into a different port on the switch. I’ve also created new wireless networks with and without security to see if the client could connect to them and it cannot. But the client can quickly connect to the mobile hotspot on my cell phone. I’m also getting a strange client list on this particular switch. The Clients tab of the Unifi app shows there are over 1550 clients connected to a single port on this switch. Clearly that’s not possible. I hope I’ve described this enough. Any ideas in this community? Thanks.

9A98EAF5-9779-4BF5-BFDB-8ADEB29EE2AD.jpegC3FC29E9-22F2-47FC-827D-5F86BEEC57E0.png

Kudos: 4870
Solutions: 1288

Re: Client can’t connect to network

Hello @racecannon,

Repair the DB and prune the old data.

What are you getting on the client itself when it tries to connect?

Is the client blocked by any chance?

Insights > Known Clients ( SHOW ALL Blocked )

Make sure Auto-Optimize Network and High Performance Devices are turned off.

Settings > Site > Auto-Optimize Network

Settings > Wireless Networks > SSID > Advanced Options > High Performance Devices

Regards,

Glenn R.

Cloud Hosted Controllers | Glenn R. | UniFi Installation/Easy Update Scripts | UniFi-Video Installation Scripts | UniFi-VoIP Installation Scripts
USG-XG-8 • USG-4-PRO • USG
US-XG-16 • US-48-500W • US-24-POE-250W 2x • US-16-POE-150W 3x • US-24 • US-8-150W • US-8
UAP XG • UAP-SHD • UAP-HD • UAP-NanoHD 2x • UAP-AC-PRO 2x • UAP-AC-LITE • UAP-AC-IW • UAP-AC-M • UAP-AC-M-PRO 2x
UAS-XG • UCK-G2-PLUS • UCK-G2 • UCK