Scheduled maintenance: Community available only in read-only mode until 6:00 AM (PT)
Veteran Member
Kudos: 5295
Solutions: 78

Clients Showing as Authorized... when not.. why?

I have a guest portal at our office. The portal requires the entry of a password. However, I noticed when people connect to it, it shows "Authorized" whether they have entered a password or not.. is this how this is suppose to work?
I should also add that an unauthorized (e.g. not password authenticated) iPhone sitting on my desk connected to our guest AP somehow managed to download 500meg of data.... can anyone explain that?
Highlighted
Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 527
Solutions: 17
Contributions: 1

Re: Clients Showing as Authorized... when not.. why?

I have a guest portal at our office. The portal requires the entry of a password. However, I noticed when people connect to it, it shows "Authorized" whether they have entered a password or not.. is this how this is suppose to work?

sounds like a bug to me. Will look into it.

I should also add that an unauthorized (e.g. not password authenticated) iPhone sitting on my desk connected to our guest AP somehow managed to download 500meg of data.... can anyone explain that?

This is the same bug about guest redirect. AP sends too much data to the client whenever the client tries to initiate HTTP connection and it's redirecting it. (That's how it crashed the andriod browser)