Established Member
Kudos: 537
Solutions: 73

Re: Cloud Access Problems On Controller 5.9.29

@UBNT-Jonge- I am starting to have more cloud speed issues again. I am running the beta app on my Android Pixel 2 XL. Its running latest and greatest OS but ever since I tried helping on this thread, the cloud access is getting slower and slower. Its to the point of not working again like it was just a couple months ago. And of course, the day I need it (Today) its not going to work for me.
Kudos: 18
Solutions: 1

Re: Cloud Key Sites Access Problems On Controller 5.9.29

I just completed an upgrade of my Two Physical Cloud Key Controller Sites to 5.9.29 (0.12.0 Firmware) and Both Sites have now disapeared from my Local PC instance of the Unifi Cloud Access Portal (unifi.ubnt.com).  I get the message "There are no Adopted Controllers".

I have access to both Sites VIA my Apple IOS App and also when I Remotely Access the other Site 250 Miles away - I can then access the Unifi Cloud Access Portal Web Site on that PC which Displays both Cloud Key Sites, as before the upgrade.

I have restarted the Unifi Secuity Gateways and Unifi Cloud Keys at both locations and that had no effect.

Any ideas on what to try?

Thanks

HI,

I have also updated the Controller to the 5.9.29 and now i am not able to access from the Cloud. I can see that my COntroller is Online and It is showing the Devices and Clients count. But when i try Launch the controller, then i am getting an error "Connection Failed". 

Before i have the version 5.7.20 and everything is working fine with that version. I think the new version has some issues may be.

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 745
Solutions: 40
Contributions: 1

I updated the article to reflect the change noted in the release notes regarding TCP/8883, and removed the previous ports that are no longer used in 5.9.+ 

Has anyone found port connectivity to be the root cause here? I think it's unlikely that this many users are blocking 8883 outbound but it is definitely possible. 

UBNT_Alternate_Logo.png
Ubiquiti Networks Enterprise Support Team

Check out our ever-evolving Help Center for answers to many common questions!

Emerging Member
Kudos: 10

[ Edited ]

Re port blocking, no, I’m not blocking any ports outbound.

I can access my site remotely 100% of the time using unifi.ubnt.com and my iOS App.

My issue is with the Android app, where the site is showing active and accessible in the initial screen, however when selecting it, the wheel just spins and it never connects. As mentioned, this isn’t a permanent issue, but I do have approx a 90% or greater failure rate.

I am not blocking any of the Oubound ports and  have port Open. If we have the port closed then I dont even see my controller in the Cloud access.

But i can my see my contoller in the Dashboard with the Number of devices and Clients and i am having issues only when i try to launch. I cannot launch even from my phone app.

Established Member

I am not blocking anything either. Everything else ported through my WAN works fine. 

Mine started working after doing these steps.

1. Disable and remove the Cloud access on the controller

2. Enable the cloud access again 

3. Reboot the machine where the controller is running.

Emerging Member
Kudos: 10
Solutions: 8

Just want to wave a me too here. Lost contact to Cloud-Key after upgrading the firmware on a remote location. After contacting a person on site we confirmed, the Cloud-Key made the upgrade and is running fine. The Cloud component is not working.

There are errors on the app and in the Web regarding duplicate UUIDs, see attached screenshots. Maybe this is a issue on the cloud part... 

Unifi-Web-Duplicate.jpg

Unifi-iOS-Duplicate.jpg

Established Member

Disabled and restarted and re-enabled many times and still not working on LTE through Project Fi. I am using the T-Mobile network at the moment as its the strongest of the 3 I can switch between.

It works via cloud access if on WiFi but slowly. I am running 5.9.29 as well, on a CK Gen 2.
Kudos: 1

I've pretty much given up on cloud access for now. I've tried everything I can and I can't even get my Cloud Key to connect to the cloud service now. It will authenticate but just gets stuck on "connecting". It is obvious that 5.29 has introduced some serious cloud connectivity issues for a lot of people. Fortunately for me I am only using UBNT gear for my home, but I hope this gets fixed soon and an analysis of what happened is released.

Kudos: 18
Solutions: 1

Re: BUG - Cloud Access Problems On Controller 5.9.29

After verifying that there are No blocked Ports on either of my Two Unifi Security Gateways/Controllers - and doing these steps:

1. Disabled and Removed the Cloud access on each of the CloudKey's Controllers

2. Rebooted both CloudKey Sites

2. Enabled the Cloud access again on the Controllers

3. Rebooted local PC

I still can get the UBNT - Unifi Cloud Access Portal to populate the two sites on my Local PC.  I get "There are no adopted controllers." when trying to access using three different brands of Web Browsers.

My Computer 250 Miles away still continues to dispay both Sites on UBNT.com & The IOS App is Displaying Both CloudKey Sites.  It Makes No Sense that the Local UBNT instance is not displaying the CloudKey's, even for the local Cloudkey.

Must be a Bug.

Re: BUG - Cloud Access Problems On Controller 5.9.29

On a potentially related note I’ve noticed I’ve been having no success in Unifi Video cloud connectivity recently. It just flat out doesn’t work anymore. I wonder if it’s related to all of the other cloud connectivity issues I and others are having with UBNT products.

Kudos: 2

@dlarcher wrote:

I've pretty much given up on cloud access for now. I've tried everything I can and I can't even get my Cloud Key to connect to the cloud service now. It will authenticate but just gets stuck on "connecting". It is obvious that 5.29 has introduced some serious cloud connectivity issues for a lot of people. Fortunately for me I am only using UBNT gear for my home, but I hope this gets fixed soon and an analysis of what happened is released.

Are you using a Galaxy S9/S9+?

Came here to say the same. Logged into unifi.ubnt.com and it said there was an update to 5.9.29 for my hardware cloud key, I allowed it to update. Now all I get on unifi.ubnt.com is "There are no adopted controllers".

The IOS app can see it (set to 5.9.29) and allows me direct access (and WebRTC over 4G...) to see the rest of the network.

But I can't see anything from the web portal.

Kudos: 4133
Solutions: 1069

Hello @quickweb,

Have you tried to re-enable cloud access on the controller?

What browser are you using?

Regards,

Glenn R.

Cloud Hosted Controllers | Glenn R. | UniFi Installation/Easy Update Scripts | UniFi-Video Installation Scripts | UniFi-VoIP Installation Scripts
USG-XG-8 • USG-4-PRO • USG
US-XG-16 • US-48-500W • US-24-POE-250W 2x • US-16-POE-150W 3x • US-24 • US-8-150W • US-8
UAP XG • UAP-SHD • UAP-HD • UAP-NanoHD 2x • UAP-AC-PRO 2x • UAP-AC-LITE • UAP-AC-IW • UAP-AC-M • UAP-AC-M-PRO 2x
UAS-XG • UCK-G2-PLUS • UCK-G2 • UCK

I have update the 5.9.29,

but I cant use clound access.

I dont know whay the clound access status was NOT REGISTERED

1.png

Hello @bzzjh,

Restart the controller, see if that helps.

Regards,

Glenn R.

Cloud Hosted Controllers | Glenn R. | UniFi Installation/Easy Update Scripts | UniFi-Video Installation Scripts | UniFi-VoIP Installation Scripts
US-XG-16 • US-48-500W • US-24-POE-250W 2x • US-16-POE-150W 3x • US-24 • US-8-150W • US-8
UAP XG • UAP-SHD • UAP-HD • UAP-NanoHD 2x • UAP-AC-PRO 2x • UAP-AC-LITE • UAP-AC-IW • UAP-AC-M • UAP-AC-M-PRO 2x

Hi Glenn -

I have disabled CLoud access fomr the app and renabled.  I have also tried with Chrome and Edge. Edge shows me a "demo.ubnt.com" controller, but Chrome just shows me "There are no adopted controllers".

Thanks,

Steve

Hello @quickweb,

Could you share what you see under:

Settings > Cloud Access

Regards,

Glenn R.