Accepted Solution

Cloud Key, USG, AP AC PRO - WiFi reaches internet, no ethernet internet accessible

I am really stumped.

I have a

- USG accepting a Fiber connection on WAN1

- TP Link switch (unmanaged) port 1 to the USG LAN1 port

- TPL Switch has

- - port 1 to USG

- - port 2 to AP AC Pro

- - port 3 to another 8 port switch over a 50 ft cable run (which has ethernet cables to individual users)

- - port 4 to the Cloud Key

I can reach the internet via the WiFi AP AC Pro no problem.

I can reach the cloud key via ethernet OR wifi.

But there is NO internet access at all, from any port, at any point in the chain by a laptop plugged in via ethernet, except only if i plug it directly into the USG. I have swapped ports around for the AP, I have swapped ports around for the ethernet connection, I have bypassed the 8 port switch, I have plugged in my laptop to the same port that I see the internet from the AP on, I have swapped switches (I have 5 on hand). Same behavior on all of them. There is no internet access for a computer plugged in directly (except if I plug it in to USG LAN1), but always access connecting via WiFi.

This matters for a variety of reasons, including the 1g speed capacity of the ethernet

Any idea what is going on? I figure this has to be a USG config or a Cloud Key config problem, since I have the same behavior on all cables, and on all ports of all switches.

Screenshot from 2019-03-12 12-47-45.png
Screenshot from 2019-03-12 12-46-36.png

Accepted Solutions
Kudos: 4551
Solutions: 1183

Re: Cloud Key, USG, AP AC PRO - WiFi reaches internet, no ethernet internet accessible

Hello @mciver007,

Do you receive a valid IP address?
Can the USG ping google DNS?

Regards,

Glenn R.

Cloud Hosted Controllers | Glenn R. | UniFi Installation/Easy Update Scripts | UniFi-Video Installation Scripts | UniFi-VoIP Installation Scripts
USG-XG-8 • USG-4-PRO • USG
US-XG-16 • US-48-500W • US-24-POE-250W 2x • US-16-POE-150W 3x • US-24 • US-8-150W • US-8
UAP XG • UAP-SHD • UAP-HD • UAP-NanoHD 2x • UAP-AC-PRO 2x • UAP-AC-LITE • UAP-AC-IW • UAP-AC-M • UAP-AC-M-PRO 2x
UAS-XG • UCK-G2-PLUS • UCK-G2 • UCK

View solution in original post

All Replies

Re: Cloud Key, USG, AP AC PRO - WiFi reaches internet, no ethernet internet accessible

Hello @mciver007,

Do you receive a valid IP address?
Can the USG ping google DNS?

Regards,

Glenn R.

Cloud Hosted Controllers | Glenn R. | UniFi Installation/Easy Update Scripts | UniFi-Video Installation Scripts | UniFi-VoIP Installation Scripts
US-XG-16 • US-48-500W • US-24-POE-250W 2x • US-16-POE-150W 3x • US-24 • US-8-150W • US-8
UAP XG • UAP-SHD • UAP-HD • UAP-NanoHD 2x • UAP-AC-PRO 2x • UAP-AC-LITE • UAP-AC-IW • UAP-AC-M • UAP-AC-M-PRO 2x

Yup, you got it, was getting back on to answer the thread.

I was getting frustrated and forgetting to actually address EVERY object in the stream...including the laptop i was using to test (Linux). It had a manual IP set for the wired connection, which was conflicting. I flipped it over to DHCP Automatic and everything immediately worked.

False alarm, operator error. Too many long days, not enough sleep trying to get this all set up. Man Happy

Highlighted

Hello @mciver007,

Haha, no worries!

Thank you for reporting back, glad you figured out the issue!

Regards,

Glenn R.