Kudos: 1

Re: Cloud Key - Unifi Stopped?

Glad I'm not the only one.  I was searching google to see what's up with this and it pointed me here.  Has anyone figured out a way to resolve this issue?

Kudos: 1214
Solutions: 99

Paging @UBNT-Brandon

So let me explain what I did that worked.  I held down the reset button with a paperclip and when it came back up, I reset back to factory.  Even though it was reset back to factory it still had v6.0 on it??  I guess this is by design instead of going back to the older version.  So this time instead of logging into the Cloud Key FIRST. I tried the Controller and it let me in and I reconfigured.  I did not have a previous configuration as this is for a new install but so far so good....   Hope this helps.

Dave

[ Edited ]

@GowerAdmin

Since you upgraded to the latest firmware which is 6.0, the firmware version will not change on factory reset because the upgrade had overwritten what was there prior.  When you factory reset it, it will load the controller version which is bunded with the firmware, which is 5.4.11.

For instance, if you had 5.5.7 (manually upgraded), and did a factory reset, it will wipe and go to 5.4.11.  The firmware version will remain the same.

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 656
Solutions: 40
Contributions: 1

@GowerAdmin If you or anyone else have not been able to resolve this issue, please let me know. I can help you debug the issue and identify what's going on. 

I have seen a few cases where similar behaviors occured- but we want to make sure we get these resolved. Can anyone send me their server.log from a Cloud Key that's having this issue?

UBNT_Alternate_Logo.png
Ubiquiti Networks Enterprise Support Team

Check out our ever-evolving Help Center for answers to many common questions!

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 656
Solutions: 40
Contributions: 1

FYI Cloud Key server.log can be found in /usr/lib/unifi/logs/ Thanks!

UBNT_Alternate_Logo.png
Ubiquiti Networks Enterprise Support Team

Check out our ever-evolving Help Center for answers to many common questions!

I have the same problem, this is getting verry anoying.. It looks like mine has problem connecting to its mongoDB..

Setting LED status to INITIALIZING
[2017-03-14 11:47:34,573] <launcher> INFO  db     - waiting for db connection...
[2017-03-14 11:47:35,075] <launcher> INFO  db     - Connecting to mongodb://127.0.0.1:27117
[2017-03-14 11:47:37,388] <db-server> ERROR system - [exec] error, rc=100
[2017-03-14 11:47:37,630] <db-server> ERROR system - [exec] error, rc=100

Kudos: 3

Same here on 0.60 and 5.4.11 with two VERY angry hotel owners.

Just stopped for no reason.

(Also been reset 5 or 6 times and still doing it)

[ Edited ]

Same problem here, the Unifi Cloud Key stopped. I tried to reboot it, did not solve the issue.

V 0.6.0

Unifi: 5.4.11-9184

Emerging Member
Kudos: 47
Solutions: 1

Same issue here, but I can access the web and cloud gui for management. So for me it seems to say that its stopped, but its actually working correctly.

Still happening on firmware 0.6.1.

Kudos: 52
Solutions: 4

We've now had MANY of these too.. At least 3 of them were corrupt database (the others not sure yet, because we've lost remote access to those sites). 

IMHO, Ubiquiti should:

1) Offer an easy way to backup the config remotely automatically. 

2) Offer an auto-recovery mechanism if possible. Store a running log of Ubiquiti settings as they are changed. There won't be a history, but at least we could rollback settings easily. At the moment, the last backup could be the previous month (if we backup once a month)

3) Offer a way to perform remote recovery. At the moment, if you use a Unifi Security Gateway onsite, because the CK is down, Oddly, you also lose control of port forwarding, so you can't fix it without teamviewer or going onsite.  

4) Preferably, roll the Controller into the Unifi Security Gateways, so it isn't required. 

5) Finally, add a remote support button to the Unifi.ubnt.com system, which could interact with the cloud key in a failsafe way to provide remote access via terminal, and view logs

Same issue with v.6.1.  My customers are getting annoyed and are asking us to look into something else.  Is Ubiquiti looking into this?????

Kudos: 2

[ Edited ]

Hi,

Had a similar problem here after the update. Was able to resolve it by using ssh to log in to the cloudkey.

Found /srv/unifi/data/db/local.0 and /srv/unifi/data/db/local.ns both existed with size of 0.

Deleted both files and everything immediately started working again.

No idea why, but I found an old article using Google that mentioned it.

DaveA

Didn't work here bud. Tried restarting too
Kudos: 54
Solutions: 7

Happened to me also .  unable to connect to the unifi controller only the cloud key itself. 

I tried restarting it , manually updating firmware using same firmware to see if it would overwrite bad stuff.  in the end doing the reset button for longer than 5 seconds and starting from scratch was the fix.  just make sure you have a backup of settings to put back after it starts up from scratch.

having to reset it is not an acceptable fix i know.. i hope they figure out what is happening with these things and fix.

[ Edited ]

+1 on this issue. Seeing the same thing.

Edit: a normal power cycle fixed.

Mmmmm....

I also have problem after update to new firmware:  Status Stopped 

And now Cloud key works olny 5-10 min and to lock up.....