Cloud Key will not initialize

I purchased a cloud key about a month ago. Set it up with two APs, then basically forgot it. Then I go to add a new AP and find out that the status light has been flashing white for an unknown amount of time. I've tried factory resetting the device and removing the SD card but nothing changes.

Is there anything I can do to recover from this?

Re: Cloud Key will not initialize

Same problem here Ian. Have you resolved the issue ?

I have a brand new installation, all other devices (Edgemax router, 2 x 24 port EdgeSwitch, 2 x Toughswitch) all get seen in discovery tool. Cloud key constantly flashing white. I'm powering this device with 48v PoE port on a toughswitch (port 2), while port 3 on same switch provides 24v PoE to a functioning UAP-AC-Lite WiFi. The WiFi works perfect. I cant even log in using an IP to the cloud key, all devices on 172.16 net ( not the default 192.168 net ) and according to docs, the Cloud key should get DHCP from the router ( which is working fine ). I'm really puzzled as to how to access & configure the little blighter.

Established Member
Kudos: 255
Solutions: 84

[ Edited ]

Hi,

Did you scan your network and check if you CloudKey actually pick any ip from DHCP server? Use angry scanner or similar tool.
Same time you can try to put your PC info the default 192.168. net (despite you got DHCP) with lets say 192.168.1.1 ip and then access to cloud key

Thanks,
Myky
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don`t blame the device as it`s always doing what you have asked it to do, this is not always the same as what you want.

Well long story short, yes I did solve the problem. However it was by purchasing a raspberry pi to replace the completely dead cloud key.

I was able to couch some life back into my cloud key with the emergency recovery UI (linked to below), but about a week later the same flashing white light appeared and the recovery procedure didn't work anymore.

Instructions on how to get to the emergency recovery UI can be found here https://help.ubnt.com/hc/en-us/articles/220334168-UniFi-Cloud-Key-emergency-recovery-UI

Just scanned using Angry across 192.168 & 172.16 nets & checked every host, alive or dead. Nothing seen for the Cloud Key found. Changing my IP to 192.168.1.101 and plugging in next to CK still doesnt see the CK. Traffic light on switch port for CK is off, front light flashing white. Pressing the reset & power off / on seems not to do anything. I'v restarted the toughswitch, powered off / on the PoE port for the CK, reset it. Still nada.

[ Edited ]

Thanks for the link Ian, tried that,  but the CK never gets past the white light blinking stage. I reimplemented the 192.168.1.0 network so it would pick up an IP in 192.168.1 net but using AngryIP still cant see it.