Scheduled maintenance: Community will be offline Monday June 17th, 1:00 AM - 6:00 AM (PT)
Kudos: 1

Cloudkey controller - updates available - UI no longer has buttons to update

I have a v1 cloudkey, which was running 5.8.24.  Somewhere around the time I upgraded to this version, the UI changed, and the previous functionality for checking for and updating both cloudkey and controller versions was removed.  Now, I have a section telling me what version I'm running, and periodically the UI will tell me there's an updated version to download, but nowhere can I see a place to initiate this update inside the controller. If I click that notice that tells me a new version is available, it just downloads it to my local PC.   I ended up manually updating the controller via SSH, but, I don't understand how it's supposed to be done now with the change in the UI.  See the image attached.

Similarly, I can't find any way to update the key firmware from the controller any longer. 

2018-11-08-UnifiUpdate.PNG

Kudos: 4861
Solutions: 1284

Re: Cloudkey controller - updates available - UI no longer has buttons to update

Hello @jgpisani,

You can upgrade the firmware though the Maintenance tab.

Settings > Maintenance

Regards,

Glenn R.

Cloud Hosted Controllers | Glenn R. | UniFi Installation/Easy Update Scripts | UniFi-Video Installation Scripts | UniFi-VoIP Installation Scripts
USG-XG-8 • USG-4-PRO • USG
US-XG-16 • US-48-500W • US-24-POE-250W 2x • US-16-POE-150W 3x • US-24 • US-8-150W • US-8
UAP XG • UAP-SHD • UAP-HD • UAP-NanoHD 2x • UAP-AC-PRO 2x • UAP-AC-LITE • UAP-AC-IW • UAP-AC-M • UAP-AC-M-PRO 2x
UAS-XG • UCK-G2-PLUS • UCK-G2 • UCK
Kudos: 1

Re: Cloudkey controller - updates available - UI no longer has buttons to update

That is where the option previously appeared, before that previous firmware or controller update earlier this year that caused them to disappear.   Those options were gone, and the UI looked just like a soft controller that does not have those options like the cloud key does. I did a manual update with a brewe release via ssh, which did not restore them. Only after a factory reset did they reappear on maintenance tab where they should be, and I was able to update to the latest release and firmware.

Highlighted

I have the same issue - since a recent reboot those buttons are gone. My setup is fairly vanilla and using a v1 cloud key, so no idea what broke..

Hello @lenherr,

Welcome to the community!

Are you a superadministator?

Have you tried clearing your browser cache and restarting the controller?

Regards,

Glenn R.

Cloud Hosted Controllers | Glenn R. | UniFi Installation/Easy Update Scripts | UniFi-Video Installation Scripts | UniFi-VoIP Installation Scripts
US-XG-16 • US-48-500W • US-24-POE-250W 2x • US-16-POE-150W 3x • US-24 • US-8-150W • US-8
UAP XG • UAP-SHD • UAP-HD • UAP-NanoHD 2x • UAP-AC-PRO 2x • UAP-AC-LITE • UAP-AC-IW • UAP-AC-M • UAP-AC-M-PRO 2x

Sorry for the late response, but yes, yes, and yes :-)

I was able to update via ssh by logging in and using 'apt' directly, but that wasnt' really the point of buying a dedicated controller :-) It seems it is somehow no longer detecting this as a normal controller setup even though before now I didn't do anything directly on the controller using ssh. I might just download the config, reset the stick, and then reupload it, but that seems like a lot of work given the risk that this just happens again a few days later ..

Hello @lenherr,

Check the UCK logs... What DNS servers are you using?

Regards,

Glenn R.

I left it on "auto" for now, i.e. using the default ones from my provider (sonic.com). I'm happy to change that to use 1.1.1.1 or 8.8.8.8, but just out of interest, why do you think it would matter for this issue?

Regarding the logs: Yeah I was looking around those a while ago, but I'll check again later tonight, thanks!

Hello @lenherr,

For all the giggles, try using google DNS.

Regards,

Glenn R.