Solutions: 1
Accepted Solution

Cloudkey no longer visible on the network even after resets

Cloudkey was unaccesable locally or remotely

Hard Reset to the solid white adooption light

Tried  windows and mac unifi discovery tool and couldn't locate it. 

(Repeated a few times and got bored) 

Contacted chat support

Redid most of the above, then plugged the CK directly in to a PC ethernet port. Reset local IP and pinged 192.168.1.30 

Success: 

Logged in and restored my prior backup. 

Resatarted the CK (blue light now - as when the probelms started), but the CK wasn't shown by IP or MAc on the network. 

Then did the above again but left as a clean install on 192.168.1.30 without restoring a backup. 

Yet again I can't locate the CK on the lan (Nothing else has that IP reserved or in use. 

Tried different switch ports

Tried Powering by USB as well as PoE.

All other unifi devices are fine (switches, APs and USG)

Anyone seen this before? I'm running out of variables Man Happy

Accepted Solutions

Re: Cloudkey no longer visible on the network even after resets

Thanks Glenn and Zack for the advice. I went for the easy option for now just get up and running again by migrating the old CK in to a software controller running on a NAS. I might do some testing later if I have some time to kill. Surprised how easy the migration was in fact - that really was unexpected.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Kudos: 3006
Solutions: 810

Hello @crell,

Is the UCK set to DHCP?

Have you tried a static IP or DHCP?

Regards,

Glenn R.

Cloud Hosted Controllers | Glenn R. | UniFi Installation/Easy Update Scripts | UniFi-VoIP Installation Scripts
USG-4-PRO • USG
USW-48-500W • USW-24-POE-250W 2x • USW-16-POE-150W 3x • USW-24 • USW-8-150W • USW-8
UAP XG • UAP-SHD • UAP-HD • UAP-NanoHD • UAP-AC-PRO 2x • UAP-AC-LITE • UAP-AC-IW • UAP-AC-M
UCK-G2-PLUS • UCK-G2 • UCK

Hi Glenn, I've tried both static (used .30 & .254), DHCP as well as recovering different auto backups.

Hello @crell,

What firmware version are you running on the UCK?

Regards,

Glenn R.

Cloud Hosted Controllers | Glenn R. | UniFi Installation/Easy Update Scripts | UniFi-VoIP Installation Scripts
USG-4-PRO • USG
USW-48-500W • USW-24-POE-250W 2x • USW-16-POE-150W 3x • USW-24 • USW-8-150W • USW-8
UAP XG • UAP-SHD • UAP-HD • UAP-NanoHD • UAP-AC-PRO 2x • UAP-AC-LITE • UAP-AC-IW • UAP-AC-M

Hi Glenn, currently on v 0.11.10

Hello @crell,

Hmmm, any vlans that could mess things up?

Regards,

Glenn R.

USG-4-PRO • USG

no Vlans, 

Works fine when it's plugged direct, just invisible when connected to a switch (tried different ports - though still to try it in a different switch). 

Just turned off IDS/ IPS on the USG. I did get a "dodgy certificate" warning in Safari momentarily when I tried to connect but it didn't complete so I'm guessing that was cache related. 

Kudos: 35
Solutions: 6

@crell wrote:

Just turned off IDS/ IPS on the USG. I did get a "dodgy certificate" warning in Safari momentarily when I tried to connect but it didn't complete so I'm guessing that was cache related. 

Can you try Chrome? You should have better results connecting to it using Chrome than Safari.

Hi Zack, 

I'd already used chrome (on a W10 machine) and then Chrome and Safari on a Mac. 

Feels like some other process may be the root of this - for example when directly attached the CK is addresable and I can log in etc. 

As soon as I plug it back in to the network (tried multiple switches) the device (on either DHCP or Fixed IP) is no longer addresable or discoverable (By my tools or the Ubiquiti discovery tool). 

I'm stumped as I've performed so many factory resets now. 

Hello @crell,

Just for giggles, could you download the latest UCK firmware onto your PC and update the UCK? (even if its on the latest firmware.)

Regards,

Glenn R.

USG-4-PRO • USG

Yep will give that a try later when I have access. 

Might resort to a Linux VM controller as a temp fix and try to get hold of a V2 controller via the early access store

Thanks Glenn and Zack for the advice. I went for the easy option for now just get up and running again by migrating the old CK in to a software controller running on a NAS. I might do some testing later if I have some time to kill. Surprised how easy the migration was in fact - that really was unexpected.