Highlighted

Connection Issues With New APs.....DHCP?

I have a large installation at a resort. I did the initial installation last year 

There are 2 RV parks, a motel, employee housing, a cafe and some apartments, I have a central tower and use two Air Prisms with 120 degree panel antennas.

it's been working great, until about a month ago. 

I installed a new AP Lite at one of the apartments, using a Nanobeam AC Gen 2 for backhaul that shoots about 850' to the Air Prism AC. I adopted and upgraded the AP Lite, it all seemed to work fine, but when the customer came home he couldn't connect. 

I could see the AP, see that there were 2 clients. He went to the gift shop and connected, no problem. Same SSID on a AP LR.

While troubleshooting onsite the next day, I connected my laptop directly to the Gen 2 backhaul, grabbed an IP from the SGW, I could ping the SGW, and see all other backhaul links. The speed test was good and ping times to Google were in the 70s. 

Connected the Lite and couldn't connect. 

I replaced the AP...same problem. I set up a temporary off the shelf AP so they could connect,to the LAN not using the unifi controller.

Today, I set up another AP in another location using another Gen 2 going to the other Air Prism, had the same issue, I tried two other Lites, a In wall and a mesh lite outdoor unit. None of them would allow me to connect, with my laptop, my Droid, or my wife's iPhone. All of them adopted and I could see when I connected to them on the controller.

If i connect to the unifi 8 port switch, i grab an IP from the SGW (LAN) immediately. 

I also have a 32 channel NVR connected to the network and backhaul several IP cameras on the same wireless links, the one I set up today, using the same backhaul works fine.

I have basic networking skills, but I don't believe it's an issue with having enough IPs on the VLANS. 

Networks.JPG

Cloud Key Version: 5.9.29

APs / GW / Switches: 3.9.54.9373

Kudos: 1742
Solutions: 527

Re: Connection Issues With New APs.....DHCP?

Hello @mmcdaniel69,

Are your wireless networks setup correctly?

For giggles have you tried upgrading to 4.0.9?

Devices > UAP > Config > Manage Device > Custom Upgrade ( paste firmware binary link location here )

Regards,

Glenn R.

Cloud Hosted Controllers | Glenn R. | UniFi Installation/Easy Update Scripts | UniFi-Video Installation/Easy Update Scripts | UniFi-VoIP Installation Scripts
USG-4-PRO • USG
USW-48-500W • USW-24-POE-250W 2x • USW-16-POE-150W • USW-24 • USW-8-150W • USW-8
UAP XG • UAP-SHD • UAP-HD • UAP-NanoHD • UAP-AC-PRO 2x • UAP-AC-LITE • UAP-AC-IW • UAP-AC-M
UCK-G2 • UCK

I'll try the upgrade and let you know. 

As far as I can tell my wireless networks are set up correctly, although I know I need to make some changes to the Guest network, the person that helped me initially wasn't as skilled as I thought. Man Happy

Clients.JPGDashboard.JPGEmployee_Wireless.JPG

Hello @mmcdaniel69,

Could you for giggles switch to /24 or do you really need /23?

Regards,

Glenn R.

Cloud Hosted Controllers | Glenn R. | UniFi Installation/Easy Update Scripts | UniFi-Video Installation/Easy Update Scripts | UniFi-VoIP Installation Scripts
USG-4-PRO • USG
USW-48-500W • USW-24-POE-250W 2x • USW-16-POE-150W • USW-24 • USW-8-150W • USW-8
UAP XG • UAP-SHD • UAP-HD • UAP-NanoHD • UAP-AC-PRO 2x • UAP-AC-LITE • UAP-AC-IW • UAP-AC-M
UCK-G2 • UCK

Will do, I changed them to 23 yesterday just in case. I appreciate your help.

I'll let you know if the upgrade helps that particular AP. Hopefully I can get back out there this evening.

Hello @mmcdaniel69,

Please keep me posted!

Regards,

Glenn R.

USG-4-PRO • USG
UCK-G2 • UCK