Kudos: 15
Solutions: 1

Controller Stability? If the controller is not running, can the cloud key always be reached?

Hi,

Can someone make some general statements to controller stability of 5.9.29?  Or even of the stability of builds from the last six months?  I assume the Gen2 cloud keys are better?

I have seen the controller stop running and be unresponsive for seemingly random events.  Not necessarily becuase of a power failure.  I am certain of this because I have a few on a regulated UPS with logging....  Some of these a reboot will bring it back, others nothing brings it back but a full reset and backup.  I kind of makes me nuts.  I hope things are getting better.

Question - What percentage of the time when he controller/portal stops running can you get the cloud key iteslf for device managment via IP?  100% of the time?  I could at least connect to a cloud key remotely and either reboot or reset/backup the unit.  Any way to keep from having to manualy power it off or go there.  Looking for a solution.

This seems to be a great idea if it works -

https://community.ubnt.com/t5/UniFi-Feature-Requests/Cloud-Key-Auto-Reboot/idc-p/2546268#M16993

Not sure how it monitors the portal page however.  Not saying id does not, but I don't reallly undersand the script.  With all the issues was have had this Ubiquiti should implement this moving forward.  I guess this is an issue we should not have to worry about at all in this mature a product.

Thanks all.

Kudos: 4028
Solutions: 1032

Re: Controller Stability? If the controller is not running, can the cloud key always be reached?

Hello @thinkpad,

Personally don't have any issues with either my UCK G2 or G1...

How is the disk space on the UCK?

Could you post the controller logs?

Regards,

Glenn R.

Cloud Hosted Controllers | Glenn R. | UniFi Installation/Easy Update Scripts | UniFi-Video Installation Scripts | UniFi-VoIP Installation Scripts
USG-XG-8 • USG-4-PRO • USG
US-XG-16 • US-48-500W • US-24-POE-250W 2x • US-16-POE-150W 3x • US-24 • US-8-150W • US-8
UAP XG • UAP-SHD • UAP-HD • UAP-NanoHD 2x • UAP-AC-PRO 2x • UAP-AC-LITE • UAP-AC-IW • UAP-AC-M • UAP-AC-M-PRO 2x
UAS-XG • UCK-G2-PLUS • UCK-G2 • UCK

Re: Controller Stability? If the controller is not running, can the cloud key always be reached?

Thank you for your response - this is not a specific CK issues, but general info sought.  If you have never had one lock up ever than you should consider you self fourtunate.   Many have had issues with the controller stopping and bombiing out.

I can get this going again - no worries.  I was asking if there was a realiable way to prevent it and if the issue has gotten better with recent builds.

I am curious to know - for those who have had lockup/out issues can you still get to the cloud key direclty for resolution.

Anybody else?

Established Member
Kudos: 341
Solutions: 30

[ Edited ]

I've been using 5.9.29 on 5 cloud keys gen1 as well as one Gen2 since it came out a few weeks ago? So far it has been good

USG-3P | US-8-60W | US-8-150W | UAP-AC-Lite (2) | UAP-AC-Pro | UAP-AC-Mesh | UAP-AC-In Wall | UCK-Gen2-Plus | UVC-G3-AF (5) | UVC-G3-Pro | NBE-5AC-16 | NBE-5AC-19
Highlighted

Thanks