a week ago
I have an AWS instance of the unifi controller that's been working for a few months. that I set up with the docs here (so I'm good at reading instructions.. not much more <g>!
I have some questions, anyone care to take a shot at them?
1) I guess AWS is very powerfull with all the options / choice in there. Am I wrong to have my head spin with all these things?
2) Poking around on the AWS console I guess I created a snapshot? My storage usage has gone up recently and getting small monthly charge. I tried deleting the snapshot I saw, but it said it was being used by an AMI. I deleted ('deregistered' the only AMI then could delete the snapshot. The controller still seems to be up / working. The AMI and snapshot are just part of backing things up?
3) But they (AMI / snapshot) are stored on the AWS system, so if that all crashes you areSOL?
4) As a unifi contorller, the auto backups are really what would needed to get back and running?
5) is there a way to force a unifi controller backup so you can download it? Actually, is there a way to force a backup other than going into autobackup and setting the autobackup to run in 5 minutes, then download that file?
6) is there a way to see what the AWS costs would be without the free year tier discount? Rather than say
EC2 cost $x.xx
1st year credit -$x.xx
it just seems to list the base cost as $0.00. I'd like to know what the cost really was without their discount.
a week ago
OK - deleting the AMI deleted the controller, right? It's not working now.
Is there a way to recover it?
AMAZING how easy it is to kill things.
Anyone available for hire to help with this? Do I need to pay for amazon support for a month to get them to help me? Then drop back down to free?
a week ago
now the controller is back up!? So the AMI is NOT the virtual machine?
The AWS was doing some back office stuff / took the controller offline for a bit?
a client with guest portal said the public SSID had a lock on it. (normally it;s an open SSID... and they just have to click to get on the web after seeing the company's promo website.
Is there a way to keep allowing users fto get online when the controller goes offline? Just withouth the connect button / redirect to their website