Kudos: 42
Solutions: 2

Dashboard Scale for Wireless Metrics - UBNT needs to address

When I get up in the morning I take a look at the network to see how things are going. This morning I noticed that my dropped packets had suddenly jumped on one of my APs from green to yellow:

Screen Shot 2018-12-14 at 4.36.10 AM.jpg

I was about to start digging through things to figure out what was going on and then I happened to take a look at the scale. Then I popped over into the 24-hour view:

Screen Shot 2018-12-14 at 4.36.44 AM.jpg

If you look at the scale on the "today" you'll see that my "bad" AP had ~12 packet drops and that pushed it into the yellow. But in the 24-hour view you need to be over 500-1000 dropped packets before you start showing as yellow.

Why the discrepency?

I have also never paid attention to airtime because it has always shown as being optimal, never moved off the bottom line:

Screen Shot 2018-12-14 at 4.37.02 AM.jpg

But, then again, when I look at the 1-hour view, I see that I am not so green:

Screen Shot 2018-12-14 at 4.37.23 AM.jpg

I am consistently over 10 in the hourly but when you look at the 24-hour view I am at 0. (And quite frankly I don't know that I even understand what UBNT means by "airtime.")

Maybe this belongs in the suggestions area, but seriously, how valuable are dashboards when the scales are not appropriate? If an AP is yellow in one view it should be in the other, right?