Emerging Member
Kudos: 222
Accepted Solution

Debug Terminal not working latest controller releases

[ Edited ]

Hi all

Using Controller version 5.4.14 hosted on Amazon and various AC-LITE, AC-LR and AC-M access points most on the latest firmware 3.7.51.6230. Whereas I was previously able to access the debug terminal when logged on through cloud access, now every single AP gets stuck at "Sending SDP answer...". Is this a regression in the Controller (since non upgraded APs no longer allow remote access either)

This is very important for us as it has been our method of remote access

Accepted Solutions
Kudos: 382
Solutions: 105

Re: Debug Terminal not working latest controller releases

Disable and re-enable the cloud access from the controller. Change the browser to Firefox/Chrome
Thanks,
Myky
CWNA
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don`t blame the device as it`s always doing what you have asked it to do, this is not always the same as what you want.

View solution in original post

[ Edited ]

I just quickly ran the test and was able to disable and enable back my cloud access. So l am not facing the same issue on the 5.4.14 release. Are you able to restore from back up where your cloud access was enabled?

dd.PNG

Thanks,
Myky
CWNA
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don`t blame the device as it`s always doing what you have asked it to do, this is not always the same as what you want.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Emerging Member

[ Edited ]

And just to note, if I directly log on to the controller or if I use cloud access and webRTC it gets stuck at the same point

Disable and re-enable the cloud access from the controller. Change the browser to Firefox/Chrome
Thanks,
Myky
CWNA
Emerging Member

Thanks, tried disable and enable and no change. Then tried removing cloud access altogether and got hit with a bug that means I cannot reenable cloud access Prrr until a new version of the controller.

Also tried different browsers, same issue. Though oddly one in about 50 attempts worked but this is deeply frustrating.

Are you able to try from the different location? When  l am at work it doesn't work properly (from 20 attempts only 1 is successful) but at home, it establishes connection with no problem. Did you sort your cloud access in the end? Is it enabled again>?

Thanks,
Myky
CWNA
Emerging Member

I've tried using 3 different connections now, office, phone and Tor and none work. Nope, no cloud access at the moment, I don't have time to reinstall the controller (the only suggested bugfix on the forums) Man Sad

I think it must be a recent change to the controller that's caused this as a couple months back it was working perfectly!

[ Edited ]

I just quickly ran the test and was able to disable and enable back my cloud access. So l am not facing the same issue on the 5.4.14 release. Are you able to restore from back up where your cloud access was enabled?

dd.PNG

Thanks,
Myky
CWNA
Emerging Member

So restoring did the trick!

I now have perfect works-every-time access to the terminal! Thanks mlskrypka Man Very Happy

Highlighted
Kudos: 2

restoring was not the trick. still not working

Emerging Member
Kudos: 21
Solutions: 4

Do your access points still have working DNS and Internet access? I've had Debug Terminal break on me like that if the APs are unable to get out to the Internet. Another common sign of this trouble is if the APs cannot install firmware updates.

internet and dns are working 😊. no problem with updates. only the sh.. debug.. problem

[ Edited ]

Check with the different browser just in case. Also, how do you access your controller over the cloud unifi.ubnt.com or directly? Test with teh both methods, please. 

Thanks,
Myky
CWNA

i used safari, chrome, firefox, vivaldi and access through ubnt and direct. nothing is working.

the problem is with all my devices, (cloudkey), 2 ac pro and 2 switches.