Kudos: 1
Solutions: 1

Device credentials if ssh authentication not enabled? (for local access)

OK - so doofus move here.

Manged to orphan a couple of devices (thankfully at my home) from our L3 controller when moving it round in AWS.

(managed to release the public IP back to the pool - wasn't quick enough to recover it in time with the AWS cli - f*ck)

I need to set new inform addresses in a USG and a UAP-M but have come unstuck.

Looking at the site settings in the controller I noted the 'enable ssh authentication' option wasn't checked.

Digging around it looks like this turns on and off SSH access to the devices locally after adoption.

Can't SSH into them (unsurprisingly) but they turn up in the discovery utility.

When I try to set infom from there I get login failed.

I'm assuming the discovery utility uses SSH - and SSH wasn't turned on from the controller after adoption so I'm screwed.

I can hard reset and re adopt them but I'm just curious as to how this works. 

Has anyone dealt with this in the past?

Thankfully all the other sites had SSH checked so a bit of terminal fun over VPNs has helped with getting them back up and running.

Kudos: 3011
Solutions: 810

Re: Device credentials if ssh authentication not enabled? (for local access)

Hello @DionB,

Factory reset the devices and SSH into them when they are in factory default state, then set-inform to the controller.

Regards,

Glenn R.

Cloud Hosted Controllers | Glenn R. | UniFi Installation/Easy Update Scripts | UniFi-VoIP Installation Scripts
USG-4-PRO • USG
USW-48-500W • USW-24-POE-250W 2x • USW-16-POE-150W 3x • USW-24 • USW-8-150W • USW-8
UAP XG • UAP-SHD • UAP-HD • UAP-NanoHD • UAP-AC-PRO 2x • UAP-AC-LITE • UAP-AC-IW • UAP-AC-M
UCK-G2-PLUS • UCK-G2 • UCK