Emerging Member
Accepted Solution

Download UniFi SDN Controller 5.2.9 for Debian/Ubuntu Linux.

Hi to all...

Can anybody tell me if I can download the old version 5.2.9 of UniFi SDN Controller for Debian/Ubuntu Linux and from where?

It's for test purposes...

Regards,

Ramses

Accepted Solutions
Kudos: 2
Solutions: 2

Re: Download UniFi SDN Controller 5.2.9 for Debian/Ubuntu Linux.

[ Edited ]
Kudos: 4475
Solutions: 1161

[ Edited ]

Hello @ramses_sevilla,

You can download the 5.2.9 Controller here. ( direct download here )

Installation

rm unifi_sysvinit_all.deb
wget https://www.ubnt.com/downloads/unifi/5.2.9/unifi_sysvinit_all.deb
dpkg -i unifi_sysvinit_all.deb

Regards,
Glenn R.

Cloud Hosted Controllers | Glenn R. | UniFi Installation/Easy Update Scripts | UniFi-Video Installation Scripts | UniFi-VoIP Installation Scripts
USG-XG-8 • USG-4-PRO • USG
US-XG-16 • US-48-500W • US-24-POE-250W 2x • US-16-POE-150W 3x • US-24 • US-8-150W • US-8
UAP XG • UAP-SHD • UAP-HD • UAP-NanoHD 2x • UAP-AC-PRO 2x • UAP-AC-LITE • UAP-AC-IW • UAP-AC-M • UAP-AC-M-PRO 2x
UAS-XG • UCK-G2-PLUS • UCK-G2 • UCK

View solution in original post

All Replies
Kudos: 2
Solutions: 2

[ Edited ]

[ Edited ]

Hello @ramses_sevilla,

Installation

Regards,
Glenn R.

Cloud Hosted Controllers | Glenn R. | UniFi Installation/Easy Update Scripts | UniFi-Video Installation Scripts | UniFi-VoIP Installation Scripts
US-XG-16 • US-48-500W • US-24-POE-250W 2x • US-16-POE-150W 3x • US-24 • US-8-150W • US-8
UAP XG • UAP-SHD • UAP-HD • UAP-NanoHD 2x • UAP-AC-PRO 2x • UAP-AC-LITE • UAP-AC-IW • UAP-AC-M • UAP-AC-M-PRO 2x
Emerging Member

Hi,

One question more: Can I have two WIFI Controller in the same WIFI Network with the same devices registrered?

Regards,

Ramses

Emerging Member

@AmazedMender16 wrote:

Hello @ramses_sevilla,

Installation

Regards,
Glenn R.

Hi @AmazedMender16,

I need install the dependencies too ( MongoDB, JAVA, etc...) because It's a new WIFI Controller to tests purposes...

Regards,

Ramses

Hello @ramses_sevilla,

I can create a script for you if you want... but you can also just run these commands and run the command if it fails.

apt install -f

Regards,
Glenn R.

Emerging Member

[ Edited ]

Hi @AmazedMender16,

No, It's not necesary that you create a script to me, I had already done the installation with the "apt-get -f install" command when the "dpkg -i unifi_sysvinit_all.deb" command failed. Very thanks...

And the answer to the question "Can I have two WIFI Controller in the same WIFI Network with the same devices registrered?" is NO?

What will happen if I connect another WIFI Controller in the same network and I Restore the Config Backup file of the first WIFI Controller that It's in production?

The WIFI Network will be affected?

Regards,

Ramses

Highlighted

Hello @ramses_sevilla,

You can have multiple controllers on 1 network but UniFi Devices can only be adopted to 1 controller.

Your UAPs will start switching between controllers if you don't have the controller hostname/ip override enabled. ( with same configuration )

Regards,

Glenn R.

Emerging Member

Hi @AmazedMender16,

No, I haven't enabled this option.

UniFI-Controller-WIFI.jpg

I have restored the Config Backup file from the WIFI Controller in production and all Devices appear Diconnected but that isn't a problem because I only want test the upgrade the software of the WIFI Controller.

UniFi-Devices.jpg

No problem if I upgrade the WIFI Controller Software in this situation, isn't?

The WIFI Network will no be affected, will it?

Regards,

Ramses

Hello @ramses_sevilla,

I already told you multiple times that you can just upgrade the controller...

Go ahead and upgrade... I recommend you use my Easy Update Script.

Regards,

Glenn R.

Emerging Member

Hi @AmazedMender16,

Yes, yes, I am going to upgrade the controller but I just saw that the WIFI Controller in production is installed in a Docker container that I haven't access to upgrade.

Because this, I have installed a test WIFI Controller to test your script and tell to the persons that can access to the Docker container that your script work fine, that they can to upgrade the Docker container with your script without problem...

And because this, I have asked you if I can have 2 WIFI Controller in the same WIFI Network without this affect to the users of the WIFI Network, to test your upgrade script, even if the Devices appear disconnected while I test your upgrade script.

I have a little complicated the situation with the access to the systems. Sorry... ;-)

Regards and sorry again,

Ramses

Hello @ramses_sevilla,

No need to apologize, you're good to go.

Regards,

Glenn R.

Emerging Member

Hi @AmazedMender16,

I have upgraded from v5.2.9 to v5.6.40 with your script in the test Controller and all is goint fine.

Well, only a thing. I told him that to create a Backup and when the script check the Backup it show the message:

"You didn't create a backup of your UniFi Network Controller!"

I have continued with the upgrade:

"# Do you want to proceed with updating your UniFi Network Controller? (Y/n) Y"

And the Controller has been upgraded correctly.

Up to here, perfect, thank you very much by your help.

Now, I have tested to upgrade from v5.6.40 to v5.10.21 and it returns that the curl package is not installed when tries to upgrade from v5.6.40 to v5.8.30.

I have not installed the curl package in case it tried modify something in the Controller in production instead in the test Controller.

What tries to do with curl?

What IP or URL does it take the phisical or the configured in "Settings -> Controller"?

The test Controller and the Production Controller have different fisical IP Address but in the "Settins -> Controller" both have the IP Address of the Production Controller because this I haven'd installed the curl package when the script returned the error.

Can I see somewhere what Devices I have exactly to know if I can upgrade to v5.10.21 or stop in the v5.6.40 because I have UAP-AC, UAP-AC v2, UAP-AC-OD Devices?

In the Controller it shows me "UniFi AP-AC-Lite" and "UniFi Switch 24 POE-500W".

Regards,

Ramses

Hello @ramses_sevilla,

Sounds like the backup check timed out, is that possible?

Curl is used for API and checking latest script version, will add a check for the curl package..

You can upgrade to anything newer than 5.6 if you don't have one of the following UAP models.

- UAP-AC ( v2 )

- UAP-AC-OD 

Regards,

Glenn R.

Emerging Member

Hi @AmazedMender16,

Yes, yes, the script showed previously a error message with a timeout.

I have tried several times but the test of backup always has failed and then I have continued with the upgrade.

Later, I have installed curl package and I run your upgrade script again to upgrade from the v5.6.40 to v5.8.30 and the backup test work fine.

I think that whole problem was that the curl package was not installed.

Regards,

Ramses

Hello @ramses_sevilla,

I will try to replicate this and post and update, thanks for the report!

Regards,

Glenn R.

Emerging Member

Hi @AmazedMender16,

You are welcome...

Another thing...

When I try to upgrade to 5.10.21 the script shows a message:

"The required minimum firmware for UAP/USW is 4.0.9 and 4.4.34 for the USG."

I think that should It tells it when the script asks to what version do you want to update... This way, can upgrade to v5.9.29, upgrade the Firmware Devices and upgrade the Software Controller to the v5.10.21 later... In my opinion...

Regards,

Ramses

Hello @ramses_sevilla,

What do you mean exactly?

Regards,

Glenn R.

Emerging Member

Hi @AmazedMender16,

When shows the menu:

echo -e " [ ${WHITE}1${RESET} ] | 5.6.40 ( UAP-AC, UAP-AC v2, UAP-AC-OD )"
echo -e " [ ${WHITE}2${RESET} ] | 5.8.30"
echo -e " [ ${WHITE}3${RESET} ] | 5.9.29"
echo -e " [ ${WHITE}4${RESET} ] | 5.10.21"

That shows:

echo -e " [ ${WHITE}1${RESET} ] | 5.6.40 ( UAP-AC, UAP-AC v2, UAP-AC-OD )"
echo -e " [ ${WHITE}2${RESET} ] | 5.8.30"
echo -e " [ ${WHITE}3${RESET} ] | 5.9.29"
echo -e " [ ${WHITE}4${RESET} ] | 5.10.21 (The required minimum firmware for UAP/USW is 4.0.9 and 4.4.34 for the USG)"

Or similar...

And / or even inform thar the script can upgrade the firmware Device before upgrade the Software Controller from v5.9.29 to v5.10.21.

Do you understand me now?

Regards,

Ramses

Hello @ramses_sevilla,

The script will prompt you if you want the script to update the firmware or not, you can choose no and it will just upgrade the controller.

Regards,
Glenn R.