Kudos: 9

Duplicate IP addresses in Client List

[ Edited ]

Would anyone happen to know why UniFi config pages are showing duplicate IP addresses for clients like this? The actual client devices have proper unique addresses from the DHCP server so they still work, it just seems to be the reporting on UniFi.

AP's are UniFi AP-SHD running 3.9.42.9152 (does same thing with the beta firmware too).
Controller is CloudKey running 5.8.24.

However I've noticed its been doing it for the past few firmwares as well.

Tried rebooting the whole network (DHCP Server, cloud key, AP's, etc.) with no luck. The system does run 802.1x authentication by the way.

Screen Shot 2018-08-01 at 11.27.12 am.png
Established Member
Kudos: 138
Solutions: 44

Re: Duplicate IP addresses in Client List

Looks like caching...

What is the up time of the double users?

What is the lease time on DHCP?

Cheers,

Mike

If the feedback solved your problem or question. Please mark it as solved. If it is worth some Kudo’s don’t forget to give some :-)

The lease time is abour 48 hours from the Windows DHCP server and the up-time of the devices (which are all BYOD) are about 8 hours each day (9am - 5pm workday). Hopefully that answers your question.

This issue is still happening in the latest controller and AP firmware (5.9.22 // 3.9.48.9248) but I have also noticed that the doubled up IP addresses are being sent to RADIUS accounting, which is a major issue cause it's causing constant conflicts with those radius accounting events with everyone being on the same IP address.

Highlighted
Established Member
Kudos: 317
Solutions: 48

@influencersaus wrote:

This issue is still happening in the latest controller and AP firmware (5.9.22 // 3.9.48.9248)

I run the same controller/firmware and just check for this issue.

No duplicate IP on controller or the device.

Out of context: did you use trunk's/vlan?

Regards,

Do not expect me to reply to this post, I'm not sure that I will be able to find it, thank's to ....

[ Edited ]

Yes we trunk our VLAN's to our AP's and assign VLAN's through RADIUS (Dynamic VLAN Assignment). The double up only seems to occur on one of the VLAN's in particular, the others usually are fine, but occasionally can double up also.

Screen Shot 2018-08-19 at 1.32.18 pm.png

Emerging Member
Kudos: 44
Solutions: 5

I'm also seeing this same random duplication of IPs reported by the controller/firmware on v5.9.22/v3.9.48.9248 with 802.1x VLAN assignment. Taking a shot in the dark, may be something glitchy with handling DLNA/mDNS/IGMP/multicasts, the addresses I've seen duplicated so far are all clients (wired and wireless) of mine that are sending that kind of traffic on their respective VLANs.

I wasn't seeing anything like this with this setup before I moved it at the end of last week from SSID-per-VLAN to the current config with a single WPA2-PSK SSID using 802.1x RADIUS MAC authentication to put clients in the correct VLAN. The only other change beyond configuration during that time was moving to firmware v3.9.48.9248.

APs are UAP-AC-Pros.

The actual network(s) work fine, and I'm not seeing any duplication of addressing in packets traversing.

I am having the same issue on Controller version 5.8.28. 

Radius Assigned VLANS for wireless access. The process is working fine, and the network communication is fine.

The only issue is the duplicate IP addresses in the controller.

I had to turn off radius accounting because of all the duplicates being reported to NPS.

Kudos: 3

Has anybody found a fix for this issue?

We are using the accounting records to authenticate a webfilter, but due to the duplicate IP's it is causing havoc.

Kudos: 1

Same issue here with 5.9.29 [atag_5.9.29_11384] and AP's running 3.9.54.9373. Only happens with RADIUS.

Does anyone know something?Man Happy

Also having the problem here, can't find a fix anywhere

This is still an issue in UniFi Controller Beta 5.10.5.

Please help us help you fix this, as it is causing havoc on our Radius Accounting. 

@UBNT-MikeD

I am also having this issue...so frustating...showing 360 devices connected when in reality, there are about 100.

Please? At least have a look at it Ubiquiti!

+1

same issue

MS Radius, Dynamic VLANs, 5.10.19.0 controller on Ubuntu 18 LTS, MongoDb v3.4 . All firmwares up-to-date.

Syslog messages shows duplicated IPs too.

Real IP on clients are all correct according to DHCP rules.

Asked support for help - no lack still.

We've given up on UniFi now, going to AeroHive or Aruba.

Which is a shame UniFi would of saved us a lot and i already know how to use it (Use it at home)

But due to this problem they've lost out Man Sad 

Friends,

Please don't forget to press button "Escalate" in initial message to let Ubiquiti know that this issue is very urgent.

Thanks

Kudos: 2

Hello everyone. I have the latest version of controller available (5.10.19) and some uap-shd access points, these too with the latest firmware available (4.0.21). The network configuration includes the dynamic assignment of VLANs via radius server. I noticed that the erroneous duplication of IP addresses already happens on access points (try to take a look at the output of the "mca-dump" command). The controller has nothing to do with it. And it's not a trivial matter of data visualization. What must be corrected is the access points firmware. I hope Ubiquiti will let you know something soon because the problem is serious for large and complex professional networks. Truthfully, it could seriously influence my future choices regarding the hardware brand.

Hi all!

1. Few days ago new controller version released. Instaled.

2. I have been provided with new firmware version from Unifi Support that is not published yet. Uploaded on all APs.

result : no issue for 20 hours.

So it seems that nest AP firmware  release will include fix of this issue.

We just need to wait a bit.

Thank you all for support.

Hopefully this is true!

Due to this issue we've had to look at other vendors and they are so much more expensive than Unifi... we have to make a choice before the easter hols (Education Sector) so hopefully it is fixed!

Anyone else confirm this?