Highlighted
Kudos: 2

Re: Duplicate IP addresses in Client List

Hi everyone,
of course, this is good news. A few weeks ago I chose to buy another ten uap-shd plus some us-24-500w, and having almost immediately noticed the bug concerning the IP addresses of the clients, I was seriously reflecting on the quality of my choice. At this point I would ask Ubiquiti if it was possible to have access to the new unofficial release of the firmware, in order to speed up a bit the resolution of the problem and possibly give help or suggestions where necessary or otherwise appreciated.

Sorry, but for now I can't provide you with new firmware.
I wil ask Support for that and inform you ASAP.

OK, thanks anyway. I await news.
Kudos: 9

Also awaiting news. It would be good to have a couple of us test it to ensure the problem is resolved.

I am waiting for approval from Ubnt to share firmware

Support said that this Firmware accessible for all who joined Early Access Program

https://account.ubnt.com/manage/settings/earlyaccess

So just join and download:

I use:

Controller 20 version,

Firmware link for UAP-AC-Lite/LR/Pro/EDU/M/M-PRO/IW/IW-Pro: 26
Firmware link for UAP-PRO: 24

I run the latest beta firmware for both AP and controller and still continue to have this issue on my SHD’s. So I don’t think they’ve released this fix or it really isn’t fixed yet. Man Sad

Same negative results cited by influencersaus. UAP-SHD updated with 4.0.27 downloaded from the Early Access Program and the problem of IP address duplication is still there. The problem, although serious, is not mentioned among those solved or addressed with the new release. Perhaps it is the case to point out the issue in the specific forum of the Early Access Program. That is: do Ubiquiti developers really know about the problem discussed in this topic?

We use versions 24 for Gen1 and 26 for Gen2 

Not 27

Kudos: 1

I think it's just the interface on the ctrl that's displaying it wrong, but there aren't actually duplicate IP's on the network.. At least that's what happens on my network/ctrl. Might be my network is not big enough (3 AP's & 40 users), but the users are not reporting any issues.

Still hurts my OCD of course & hope it gets fixedMan Very Happy

From the controller perspective it is just a text thing, but if you use RADIUS Accounting like some of us here do - you’d discover it’s the same issue which is much more of a problem. It essentially renders RADIUS Accounting useless.

[ Edited ]

I do use RADIUS for authentication & vlan assignment, don't really use accounting though.. But yeah, if it screws up accounting, that's a major issue.

"it's just the interface on the ctrl that's displaying it wrong, but there aren't actually duplicate IP's on the network"

correct.

Wrong information about Client's IP sent from APs to Controller and Syslog.

[ Edited ]

To symphony-root: "We use versions 24 for Gen1 and 26 for Gen2
Not 27 "
From my point of view, it would be rather strange if a problem solved with a release occurs again in a later release... It would mean that from a certain point onwards it would not be possible to perform upgrades anymore!
To Dachshundfarm and symphony-root: "there are actually no duplicate IPs on the network" - is correct; "Wrong information about Client's IP sent from APs to Controller and Syslog" - is correct. The controller displays what the access points detect. If you try to connect with ssh to an access point and check the output of the "mca-dump" command (it displays the current configuration and statistics related to connections and current operation), you will see that the IP addresses of the clients are already been detected (or stored) incorrectly.
To influencersaus: "It essentially renders RADIUS Accounting useless" - I completely agree. THE PROBLEM IS VERY SERIOUS!

This seems to be fixed in the latest beta 4.0.29.10111 firmware. If it is.. THANK YOUUU!! Man Happy

Seems so:

• [UAPG2/G3] Handle broadcast DHCP replies properly while using dynamic VLANs.

https://community.ubnt.com/t5/UniFi-Beta-Blog/FIRMWARE-4-0-29-10111-for-UAP-USW-has-been-released/ba...

Sorry if already been asked,

How do i sign up to beta testing? Would like to see if this fixes our problem!

Thank you Man Very Happy Testing time!

After testing on some UAP-SHDs, I can confirm that, with the firmware version 4.0.29.10111, there is no longer a duplication of the clients' IP addresses in the lists displayed both on the controller and in the shell of the access points. The IP addresses displayed are now precisely those that the clients really acquire from DHCP server after there has been the dynamic assignment of the VLANs via RADIUS. Thanks to the Ubiquiti developers for their interest in resolving the issue.