Kudos: 21
Solutions: 4

Expanding Unifi coverage

We currently have a UniFi setup at our local museum. It consists of a US-8-60W-US POE Switch, and 3 AC-Lite AP's. Basically like this. Oh, and a Cloud Key.

museum-before.jpg

What we are wanting to do is expand this coverage to the outside of the building for events we have out in a parking lot. We also want to provide coverage to a field across from the building 175 yards away. What I thought about doing for the field is creating a PTP link with a pair of Nanostation 5AC radios. 

My plan is to take down one of the AP-AC-LITE's in the building. Then, run that cable to the outside and into one of the Nanostations. I would then install a UAP-AC-M-US off of the POE passthrough of the Nanostation to get access to the parking lot. Over in the field I would have the other Nanostation, and the AP-AC-LITE coming off of the POE passthrough port on it.

museum-proposed.jpg

I don't think I'll have any issues link wise as I have perfect LOS from the building to the spot in the field I want to set everything up in. I just wanted to make sure that this will work POE wise and that I'll be able to get to the APs with the controller software.  

Kudos: 4457
Solutions: 1154

Re: Expanding Unifi coverage

Hello @sendpaultomars,

Looks good to me.

Regards,
Glenn R.

Cloud Hosted Controllers | Glenn R. | UniFi Installation/Easy Update Scripts | UniFi-Video Installation Scripts | UniFi-VoIP Installation Scripts
USG-XG-8 • USG-4-PRO • USG
US-XG-16 • US-48-500W • US-24-POE-250W 2x • US-16-POE-150W 3x • US-24 • US-8-150W • US-8
UAP XG • UAP-SHD • UAP-HD • UAP-NanoHD 2x • UAP-AC-PRO 2x • UAP-AC-LITE • UAP-AC-IW • UAP-AC-M • UAP-AC-M-PRO 2x
UAS-XG • UCK-G2-PLUS • UCK-G2 • UCK