Extend a wifi with cheapest and easy way

Hi guys, i have this scenario: a lan where there is 1 pc doing the controller, 1 ubiquiti USG and 4 UAP-AC-LR wired, 2 SSID one for guests and one for internal use.

All is working but, incredibly, seems that in a zone covered by only one AP, the signal does not pass through a distance of only 10 meters. I said "seems" because this network is located in a religious community 400 km far from me and now we have only few little girls grumbling for "low signal" that i can't verify myself. I'm just managing them for free, so i need to extend that access point signal with the cheapest cost for them.

This is my first experience on ubiquiti, so i need help. If I take an UAP-AC-Lite and place it in the range of the UAP-AC-LR, can i manage it from the controller and extend the signal? Can I use something different but cheaper than the AC-Lite?

Thanks and sorry for my english, it's not my native language Man Happy

Kudos: 3006
Solutions: 810

Re: Extend a wifi with cheapest and easy way

Hello @tecnomave,

Welcome to the community!

You could wireless uplink the UAP to the other UAP, tho they have to be in eachothers 5GHz range.

Regards,

Glenn R.

Cloud Hosted Controllers | Glenn R. | UniFi Installation/Easy Update Scripts | UniFi-VoIP Installation Scripts
USG-4-PRO • USG
USW-48-500W • USW-24-POE-250W 2x • USW-16-POE-150W 3x • USW-24 • USW-8-150W • USW-8
UAP XG • UAP-SHD • UAP-HD • UAP-NanoHD • UAP-AC-PRO 2x • UAP-AC-LITE • UAP-AC-IW • UAP-AC-M
UCK-G2-PLUS • UCK-G2 • UCK
Kudos: 1

Re: Extend a wifi with cheapest and easy way

I did the same in a guest house. It work but not at the same level than a cable linked AP. Better than nothing Man Very Happy