Extension of existing Unifi Ap ac Mesh Pro installation

We currently have 3 Ap ac Mesh Pro units set up in a park recreation area.  These are positioned in a Triangle fashion with the 2 legs being around 175' from where our internet connection and router are located.  This is covering the area reasonably well within the triangle area and a little beyond it.  We are wanting to extend our coverage to the direct left of the left leg and to the direct right of the right leg of the triangle for approximately 200 to 250'.  We are thinking that possibly the UAP AC M unit might be an option the look at but we wanted to be sure that these 2 different types of devices would work together.  Any other advice or options would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you. 

Kudos: 441
Solutions: 114

Re: Extension of existing Unifi Ap ac Mesh Pro installation

They will work together.

Do you happen to have a map you can share with the distances marked?

Attached is map

So, the new APs would be 200-250' from the present wirelessly uplinked APs? I think you may run into trouble with distance that far.

The new APs would be attached to Pole 2 or Pole3 directed to their respective fields.  I just want to extend WiFi out an addition 200 to 250'

[ Edited ]

But it appears the two new ones in Sports Fields will be 200-250' from the existing APs. I'm guessing you are wanting to do this wirelessly, right? If I'm right, I think you will need the Pros out there, or maybe even some AirMAX devices.

The new ones will not be located inthe sports fields - they will be located on the same pole that the existing APs are on.  Distance is about 175'.  It is my understanding that the UAP AC M can be directed to a more specific area where the Mesh Pro is more omni-diretional.

Highlighted

Oh, now I have you. The AP-AC-M is weaker than the mesh and cannot be directional on its own. You need to add the UMA-D antenna.

https://store.ui.com/collections/wireless/products/directional-dual-band-antenna-for-uap-ac-m