External Guest portal and Cloud Key SSL cerificate

Hello to everyone!

I hope someone had faced similar challenge as I have now.

We're running 4 AP-pro in our infrastructure and CloudKey is running as WLC controller.

Everything is working fine except guest network. Due to corporate policy we have to use external captive portal.

UniFi controller is configured to do so. Redirection to external captive portal works itself but we got cerificate warning (I know that there is self-signed cerificate inside CloudKey).

Actually I have wildcard certificate for our domain issued by GoDaddy and it's already installed to controller. However when client connects to the Guest network there is still an error (There is and IP in URL).

Is it possible to get HTTPs url as custom one? I mean use URL like captive-portal.mydomain.com instead of using IP address?

Many thanks in advance!

Kudos: 4103
Solutions: 1054

Re: External Guest portal and Cloud Key SSL cerificate

Hello @Ymchornyi,

Yes, thats possible..

You need a DNS record pointing to the controller.

Enable the Redirect using hostname feature.

Regards,

Glenn R.

Cloud Hosted Controllers | Glenn R. | UniFi Installation/Easy Update Scripts | UniFi-Video Installation Scripts | UniFi-VoIP Installation Scripts
USG-XG-8 • USG-4-PRO • USG
US-XG-16 • US-48-500W • US-24-POE-250W 2x • US-16-POE-150W 3x • US-24 • US-8-150W • US-8
UAP XG • UAP-SHD • UAP-HD • UAP-NanoHD 2x • UAP-AC-PRO 2x • UAP-AC-LITE • UAP-AC-IW • UAP-AC-M • UAP-AC-M-PRO 2x
UAS-XG • UCK-G2-PLUS • UCK-G2 • UCK