Established Member
Kudos: 250
Solutions: 90

Re: [FIRMWARE] 4.0.15.9872 for UAP/USW has been released | Stable Candidate

[ Edited ]

@csfuser

I think the script is located in /usr/etc/ (at least on older APs), but if you just execute the script without the path, it should find it.
If the script was fully non-existing, then you probably had a corrupted installation on those APs.

EDIT: Which firmware were you upgrading from?

Kudos: 36
Solutions: 4

Yeah, it's in /usr/etc.
the copy I placed in /sbin is being removed after/during the upgrade.
Strange, as that has NEVER happened before the 4.0.14.9736 release... it has been there for every prior upgrade, which I have done per the manual upgrade instructions, numerous times this last 12 months.
https://help.ubnt.com/hc/en-us/articles/205222650-mFi-How-to-upgrade-devices-manually

Firmware version I was on was in my original post... 4.0.14.9736.
Established Member
Kudos: 250
Solutions: 90

@csfuser
That's strange - does it exists in 4.0.15? I don't think you can save anything to /sbin, pretty sure everything gets reset on reboot.
You are linking to the mFi tutorial - not that there's a big difference, just wanted to point it out:
https://help.ubnt.com/hc/en-us/articles/204910064-UniFi-Changing-the-Firmware-of-a-UniFi-Device#SSH
Kudos: 2

Hello,

SNMP support for UAP-Pro devices is still broken on this version. Last working version was 3.9.54.9373. With the beta on the new base platform (https://community.ubnt.com/t5/UniFi-Wireless-Beta/UAP-OD-UAP-Pro-UAP-InWall-UAPv2-New-Base-Platform-...) SNMP is working fine. please fix this!

Thanks

Oliver

Kudos: 21

@UBNT-MikeD and all at Ubiquiti

Hope you've had a good Christmas/Newyear!

Bandwidth upload speed limit on wireless uplinked devices still broken...

Tested with UAP-AM-M (wireless uplinked). Download limit is respected and runs 4Mbps, upload runs at full speed 12 mbps (should be set to 1mbps)

Speeed limit is respected on wired UAP-AC-M's

Can anyone tell me if this issue is ever likely to be fixed? Happy to work with you on this! 

Kudos: 36
Solutions: 4

@flamber - No it doesn't exist in 4.0.15 either.. but it is in usr/etc.
<shrug> I'll know what to do next time I upgrade Man Happy
Kudos: 1259
Solutions: 82

My following APs have been running this firmware for few days without any random or unexpected reboot issues:

AC PRO, HD, SHD, XG, nanoHD and few Wall units. 

Extensively throughput tested with follwoing clients:

Samsung S6, iPhone 5s, iPhone 7 +, iPad 5th Gen and Macbook Retina.

Here are the throughput test results for AP HD:

Screen Shot 2019-01-05 at 4.29.39 PM.png

There are some low throughput values, even with few retests and reboots, 
and these findings have been communicated to UBNT.
Please compare your throughput and report, so UBNT has more data to test and fix issues.

Complete set of test results can be seen via link in my signature.

Kudos: 58
Solutions: 15

@Jardin_Espanol

Hi there, thanks for all the effort you put into your throughput testing....it’s very well appreciated. 

Seems that the throughput has has been getting lower and lower over the last several releases that you’ve tested. 

Cheeky question.....any chance of you adding an AC Lite to your collection of devices to test?

Kudos: 1259
Solutions: 82

You are welcome. I appreciate that folks like you appreciate my work and give kinds words.
I do not have an AC Lite or AC LR and won't be adding those to the test collection, it is very time consuming work.

@Jardin_Espanol

Ok that’s understandable. 

Again, thanks for doing what your doing....I’ve had that spreadsheet page bookmarked for months and is my go to page on every firmware release. 

Kudos: 4

@malcky wrote:

@Jardin_Espanol

Hi there, thanks for all the effort you put into your throughput testing....it’s very well appreciated. 

Seems that the throughput has has been getting lower and lower over the last several releases that you’ve tested. 

I also noticed the lower throughput that @Jardin_Espanol reported. Why would it get lower with newer releases? 

Kudos: 54
Solutions: 10

@adamrc wrote:

I also noticed the lower throughput that @Jardin_Espanol reported. Why would it get lower with newer releases? 

Sometimes in fixing a bug, you end up with code that is somewhat slower. Usually these effects are small, but it is a realistic part of software development. Adding features can also sometimes impact speed. It's just a realistic part of software development. Newer isn't always faster.

That said, with RF in play, there's a lot of variables to account for. Moving a soda can on a table across the room could significantly change your RF performance if it is blocking the signal, or acting as a reflector. Unless these tests are done in a completely controlled environment (ie: test chamber), I wouldn't really read much into the one-off differences, particularly the small ones. That said, some of the consistent patterns are likely pretty valid (ie: the MBP retina 5G numbers dropping in all 4.x versions vs 3.x versions likely points to something different in the radio configuration).

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 1165
Solutions: 29

We are reaching out to @Jardin_Espanol, because we have been unable to reproduce a speed regression as of yet on gen3 UAPs.
Want to try out new features or fixes before they're released as Stable? Sign up for Beta here: https://help.ubnt.com/hc/en-us/articles/204908664-How-To-Signup-for-Beta-Access
Having connectivity issues? See: https://help.ubnt.com/hc/en-us/articles/221029967-UniFi-Debugging-Intermittent-Connectivity-Issues-on-your-UAP

@UBNT-jeff

What about the speed regression in the gen2 ap’s too?

looks like every AP he has tested has shown slower speeds in all the 4.0.xx firmware’s. 

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 1165
Solutions: 29

@malcky We haven't been able to reproduce that yet, either.
Want to try out new features or fixes before they're released as Stable? Sign up for Beta here: https://help.ubnt.com/hc/en-us/articles/204908664-How-To-Signup-for-Beta-Access
Having connectivity issues? See: https://help.ubnt.com/hc/en-us/articles/221029967-UniFi-Debugging-Intermittent-Connectivity-Issues-on-your-UAP
Emerging Member
Kudos: 6
Solutions: 1

[ Edited ]

Also throwing my hat into the ring to confirm poor Tx rates on a 2018 MacBook Pro with a pair of AC-HDs. I'm seeing decent Rx rates (usually 260-405 Mbps) with an RSSI of -47 and SNR of -92, but the Tx rate caps out at 14 Mbps and seems to hover between 13 Mbps and 14 Mbps.

If I cycle the adapter off/on on the MBP, I can achieve 1300Mbps Tx rate for a short period of time. Eventually it drops and stays low until I reboot or cycle Wi-Fi again. Rebooting the APs doesn't seem to restore the higher Tx rate.

I am using rate controls set at 54 Mbps minimum on the SSID and enforcing those on the client, as well. So I'm not sure how this data rate is even possible.

Edit: I upgraded to 4.0.16 and see no change.

Kudos: 381
Solutions: 105

[ Edited ]

@stpn it is not possible to have SNR of -92 (in fact it is a positive value).  More info here:

https://documentation.meraki.com/MR/WiFi_Basics_and_Best_Practices/Wireless_fundamentals%3A_Signal-t...

Minimum bitrate and data rates are different. Minimum bitrate allows you to control management, control and broadcast/multicast rates. Data rates between the AP and the client can be much higher.

Thanks,
Myky
CWNA
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don`t blame the device as it`s always doing what you have asked it to do, this is not always the same as what you want.
Kudos: 4
Solutions: 2

SNMP is also broken on UAP-Outdoor+ with the released 4.0.x versions.

Emerging Member
Kudos: 6
Solutions: 1

@Myky wrote:

@stpn it is not possible to have SNR of -92 (in fact it is a positive value).  More info here:

https://documentation.meraki.com/MR/WiFi_Basics_and_Best_Practices/Wireless_fundamentals%3A_Signal-t...

Minimum bitrate and data rates are different. Minimum bitrate allows you to control management, control and broadcast/multicast rates. Data rates between the AP and the client can be much higher.

You're right. That was the noise floor at -92.

Are you referring to basic rates and data rates? I'm familiar with basic rates (though it seems Ubiquiti doesn't use that term) to set minimums for control, multicast, and broadcast bitrates. It doesn't appear that there are any basic rate setting in the UniFi controller other than setting the beacon rate, which I've left at the default.

In my case, I have my data rate set to 54 Mbps at the controller and "also require clients to use rates at or above the specified value" selected. Based on those criteria, I would expect my clients to lose connectivity altogether once they can no longer maintain 54 Mbps or higher. But that is not what I am seeing occur.

Kudos: 381
Solutions: 105

@stpn l think 54Mbps is a bit aggressive for the minimum bitrate (mandatory/basic rate).  Another good KB below:

https://documentation.meraki.com/MR/Radio_Settings/Minimum_Bitrate_Control#Basic_Rates

What behaviour are you seeing? 

Thanks,
Myky
CWNA
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don`t blame the device as it`s always doing what you have asked it to do, this is not always the same as what you want.