Kudos: 72
Solutions: 9

Re: [FIRMWARE] 4.0.21.9965 for UAP/USW has been released | Stable

So, I have some AC-Lites in a site that are rebooting around every hour now. Two are older ones from the existing network. Two others are fresh from the factory and placed for extra coverage. I had to upgrade them immediately to manage them in the 5.10.17 controller.

I'm running a festival right now with high density, around 35 users per AC-Lite - only 5ghz (and many more users on the AC-HD's).

I've never had these problems before, but I haven't done such a large festival on this location for a while now... Problems seem to relate to new fw 4.0.21. I have just upgraded one AP in the live environment to 4.0.30 to see what happens.

I don't see memory spikes though. Can't figure out why it happens. It does seem to happen when the AP is heavily used.

Kudos: 72
Solutions: 9

Hmm this is really troublesome! I have a lot of users right now and most AC-Lites are rebooting around every 15 minutes now!

To what firmware can I downgrade in the 5.10.17 controller?

[ Edited ]

do we have any update from the support team here? have 2 first gen UAP still in trouble by this update..

Emerging Member
Kudos: 13
Solutions: 2

It is now May 2, OP was Feb 4.. are we going to have a Stable release within three months to address these issues or not?

Becuase if not.. I'll start looking for other vendors who fix their problems.

Probably half of my 300 APs are UAP-LR still.. may replace them with something else if this isn't resolved soon.

[ Edited ]

I'm waiting to for it. I have 4 APs that are useless at the moment Man Sad

I had to buy 2 new one because my customer where not patient to wait months till the problem is solved.

Established Member
Kudos: 360
Solutions: 12

Mac only Cliënts can not connect. 

Devices like printers can not connect to the radius Network. The wlan don’t accept the clients 

4.35 is acdept the clients again butt don’t let me send broadcast Messages to the clients. 

Usg and iptv jsons
https://gathering.tweakers.net/forum/list_messages/1883441/0

Emerging Member
Kudos: 7
Solutions: 1

@Stekkerdoos wrote:

Devices like printers can not connect to the radius Network. The wlan don’t accept the clients 

4.35 is acdept the clients again butt don’t let me send broadcast Messages to the clients. 

By any chance, do you have WLAN isolation turned on in the controller settings for the network?  That prevents broadcast to wireless clients.

We have recently upgraded our Unifi controller version to 5.10.21.

The upgrade was successful and after that we started a rolling upgrade on 2 of our sites where we upgraded several AP-AC-Lite and AP-AC-Mesh from 3.9.42.9152 to 4.0.21.9965

Approx 80% of the Access points upgraded successfully, however at least 20% did not come back online after the upgrade.

We have attempted to power cycle the offline access point without any success. We have also tried to power the affect access points using 24V POE after instead of the unifi switch POE, no success.

The affect access points does not come online on the network at all,

The LED light on the access points also do not come on at all.

It seems the access points are basically bricked, we cannot reach them on the network at all. They don't even obtain an IP address from the DHCP Server.

We have tried the TFTP recovery method described in this technote with no success.

TFTP recovery: https://help.ubnt.com/hc/en-us/articles/204910124-UniFi-TFTP-Recovery-for-Bricked-Access-Points

Ubiquity support suggested that we send the affect access point back on their RMA program. However, I would love to know if there is anyone else out their experiencing the same issue?

Thx

Kudos: 2

What version are you trying to downgrade to? I understand you can only go back to 4.0.15 due to changes in format. 

There is really no chance of downgrading as the access points are basically bricked. We cannot reach them on SSH, since they do not come online on the network.

Our last option was a downgrade using Pumpkin TFTP Server, but even that did not work, they don't go into recovery mode when we press the reset button for about 30 seconds during power on.

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 211
Solutions: 58

@miasharmse84 wrote:

We have recently upgraded our Unifi controller version to 5.10.21.

The upgrade was successful and after that we started a rolling upgrade on 2 of our sites where we upgraded several AP-AC-Lite and AP-AC-Mesh from 3.9.42.9152 to 4.0.21.9965

Approx 80% of the Access points upgraded successfully, however at least 20% did not come back online after the upgrade.

We have attempted to power cycle the offline access point without any success. We have also tried to power the affect access points using 24V POE after instead of the unifi switch POE, no success.

The affect access points does not come online on the network at all,

The LED light on the access points also do not come on at all.

It seems the access points are basically bricked, we cannot reach them on the network at all. They don't even obtain an IP address from the DHCP Server.

We have tried the TFTP recovery method described in this technote with no success.

TFTP recovery: https://help.ubnt.com/hc/en-us/articles/204910124-UniFi-TFTP-Recovery-for-Bricked-Access-Points

Ubiquity support suggested that we send the affect access point back on their RMA program. However, I would love to know if there is anyone else out their experiencing the same issue?

Thx

I will be reaching out per PM.

Thanks,

Jeff

UBNT_Alternate_Logo.png
Ubiquiti Networks Enterprise Team
"I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only make them think." - Socrates

Emerging Member
Kudos: 13
Solutions: 1

[ Edited ]

Upgraded my UAP-AC-PRO and US-8-60W to this firmware and working as expected.

what the hell has happened with the firmware 4.0.21, has updating to the same has been a complete disaster, the ap UAP-AC-LR does not work well, used the 5.6.x controller, pass 5.10, then as the ap had the firmware 3.9 .x asked me to upgrade to 4.0.21 and it was done, after that the behavior is erratic of the Wi-Fi network, I have seen in this forum many messages of complaints but not of the final solution, I have updated to beta versions but the improvement is light, I have the technical support chat and they send me to check a lot of things and I tell them, the problem is the firmware, everything started when it was updated, when they are going to release a new firmware to solve the problems, do something as soon. 

According to the duration of nothing serious happens and UBNTs silence, do not expect an improvement on this. I escaped to another vendor.

Regards, Stefan

I'm having some interesting issues as well on this version of FW.  I've been running FW version 4.0.21.9965 for some time without issue.  The occasional reboot of an UAP AC Pro here and there as the AP stopped passing wifi traffic.

However, i've recently updated the controller to 5.10.23 last week.  I'm not sure if it's a coincidence, but in the past week i've had to reboot 6 UAP AC Pro units due to clients not being able to connect or the AP allowing connection but no traffic from the clients.  In most cases i can simply restart the APs via the controller GUI, however for those units which 'appear' offline in the controller gui, i've had to SSH into them and issue the reboot command.

How do i troubleshoot why the APs are requiring a reboot?  What do i need to look for in the logs which may give me an idea?

Thanks in advance

Chris

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 1196
Solutions: 29

@superwarp7 @CGoralski We are very focused on resolving any issues you may have with 4.0.21. There is a small subset of users that have experienced issues similar to what you are describing, that have been resolved with beta firmwares (which should hopefully go stable soon...)
Want to try out new features or fixes before they're released as Stable? Sign up for Beta here: https://help.ubnt.com/hc/en-us/articles/204908664-How-To-Signup-for-Beta-Access
Having connectivity issues? See: https://help.ubnt.com/hc/en-us/articles/221029967-UniFi-Debugging-Intermittent-Connectivity-Issues-on-your-UAP
Kudos: 1

100M uplink/wire = packet loss? (Re: [FIRMWARE] 4.0.21.9965 for UAP/USW has been released | Stable)

Hello,

I was a very satisfied customer, till yesterday. My UniFi AP-AC-Lite worked fine for month. Yesterday, I updated the Controller software to 5.10.23 (Build: atag_5.10.23_11668) and then I was forced to upgrade my UniFi AP-AC-Lite (now Version 4.0.21.9965, Board Revision 33). Sorry, I'd not noted the exact number of the previous Firmware 3.9.x and do not know how to look it up. Downloading the firmware via Controller failed several times. I had to cache the firmware in order to apply the new version. Since the upgrade, my UniFi AP-AC-Lite showed very high TX retries (80%) both on 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz WiFi. The reported device performance was 0%. WiFi was de facto not usable. There are less than 4 clients using the network. Even with a single client, the retry rate is very high. Note that nothing else changed here. No new access points or the like.

What I tried to fix the problem:

- restart the device

- change WiFi channel and power to manual

- deactivate 5GHz

Interestingly, with activated WiFi I have high packet loss (20-50%) when pinging the device via LAN cable. When both WiFi 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz are disabled, there is no packet loss when pinging the device. Looks like the problem is not "in the air" but in the device.

I tried to upgrade to 4.0.30.10217 and to downgrade to 4.0.15.8972 using this guide: https://help.ubnt.com/hc/en-us/articles/204910064-UniFi-Changing-the-Firmware-of-a-UniFi-Device#SSH

Both methods, Internet Upgrade and via SSH, failed to apply a different firmware. The device kept its 4.0.21.

Finally, the upgrade worked through WebUi-Controller. However, I had to download the firmware to LAN because direct download from dl.ubnt.com did not work. 

With 2.4GHz WiFi activated, firmware 4.0.15.8972 shows the same faulty behavior.

Upgraded to beta 4.0.30.10217 and the device hung and got disconnected from Controller. I had to do a physical reset to bring it back up. Due to this I attached the device to a 1G cable. Everything worked fine but WIFi activated etc. 

However, I have to use a 100M cable connection and when using this the devices shows the described problems. 

Maybe the new firmware has problems with connections other than 1000M? 

Thanks and best

Re: 100M uplink/wire = packet loss? (Re: [FIRMWARE] 4.0.21.9965 for UAP/USW has been released | Stab

[ Edited ]

OK, thanks , a Changed power inyector 100 M to 1000M and it's OK, the Ap has been stable, no failures , no disconnect , no problem with the clients , "Maybe the new firmware has problems with connections other than 1000M?" @terraformer  

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 1196
Solutions: 29

Re: 100M uplink/wire = packet loss? (Re: [FIRMWARE] 4.0.21.9965 for UAP/USW has been released | Stab

@terraformer There are a couple of issues in the TX retries reporting that should be resolved in 5.10.24 (when it comes out Man Happy ); that part is purely cosmetic. However, inability to upgrade to 4.0.30 is definitely not expected, and I can work with you if it continues to be a problem.
Want to try out new features or fixes before they're released as Stable? Sign up for Beta here: https://help.ubnt.com/hc/en-us/articles/204908664-How-To-Signup-for-Beta-Access
Having connectivity issues? See: https://help.ubnt.com/hc/en-us/articles/221029967-UniFi-Debugging-Intermittent-Connectivity-Issues-on-your-UAP
Kudos: 1

@UBNT-jeff 

Thank you for your answer. And good to hear you'll fix the reporting issue. However, I'm pretty sure my problems are not cosmetic issues ;-)

Upgrading via WebUI is good enough for me. And as long as the Controller does not force me to upgrade my device, I won't touch it. Never change a running system. Man Wink

But any chance you can replicate the WiFi instability problem I described when cable speed is 100M instead of 1000M?

@superwarp7 

Just to be clear, I did not change the injector--I'm using the original one of my device. 

Thanks & best