Scheduled maintenance: Community will be offline Monday June 17th, 1:00 AM - 6:00 AM (PT)
Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 17001
Solutions: 609
Contributions: 20

[FIRMWARE] 4.0.30.10217 for UAP/USW has been released | Stable Candidate

Please see our release post HERE.

Kudos: 100
Solutions: 2

Re: [FIRMWARE] 4.0.30.10217 for UAP/USW has been released | Stable Candidate

What about the 100FDX issue on gen2 aps that requires a reboot to get back the 1gb? I would recommend fixing that before pushing out as a stable.

Kudos: 82
Solutions: 4

@mrjmc99 wrote:

What about the 100FDX issue on gen2 aps that requires a reboot to get back the 1gb? I would recommend fixing that before pushing out as a stable.

Agree.

5+ pages of issues / bugs on this release in beta forum, and this is being pushed out already? Really?

AP AC LITE
UAP nanoHD (x2)
Edgerouter 4
Kudos: 1533
Solutions: 85

@bodean wrote:

@mrjmc99 wrote:

Agree.

5+ pages of issues / bugs on this release in beta forum, and this is being pushed out already? Really?

This can't be your first time experiencing that, is it?

Kudos: 98

[ Edited ]

@bodean wrote:

@mrjmc99 wrote:

Agree.

While I do agree with you on whether it was a smart choice to release this, I do have to give @UBNT-jeff  and @UBNT-AngusL the credits they deserve for their active contribution in the beta forum, by listening to feedback, validating in their testlab and providing new updates.

Yes, there is still a lot to improve in terms of QA, but at least there is development. That is also why this version is a stable candidate, which means it is now tested on a broader audience, and based on feedback here, UBNT can always decide to pull it, if it is not yet pushed out to controllers.

Others might disagree with my view, but that's ok. Developments I do see happening in the wireless and switching product range are totally lacking in the routing domain. I had good hopes when Chris Buechler as co-founder of pfSense joined UBNT and the time I bought my USG, but those hopes have vanished already, given the fact the majority of configuration changes are still happening in my JSON script. Of course, there is a dependency with the controller to make the settings show up visually, but in the routing threads, there's complete and utter silence from UBNT staff.

There are some developments going on currently (one hardware related and one software related) of which I am not sure I can talk about here as they are early access or not yet broadcasted, but it seems all development is going in there, while the current customer base is left in the dark. As long as the guys are not transparent in communicating, people are losing trust in the products.

Can we please keep firmware version release threads on topic to that particular version. Make new posts for rants, raves, etc. about UBNT roadmaps, plans, development, testing, release practices and general gripes.

Kudos: 3

For me, I’m cloud key gen 2 plus, firmware update for nano hd is not showing up.

i also had to upgrade my ckg2p manually. 

Any tips? 

Checking for firmware return 4.21.xxx

Established Member
Kudos: 597
Solutions: 21

@mrjmc99 wrote:

The release notes state:

This release is planned to only be Stable Candidate/blog release, so it will not be promoted to Stable.

Highlighted
Kudos: 1662
Solutions: 200

@athurdent wrote:

The release notes state:

This release is planned to only be Stable Candidate/blog release, so it will not be promoted to Stable.

That would not be a valid assumption.  It may or may not further move to 'Stable' from 'Stable Candidate' - that is how the release cycle works.  If no showstopper nor critical items are found while in 'Stable Candidate' it very well may move to 'Stable' release (forum-only, then controller, etc)

This long-standing sticky thread at the top of the forum may be of some help:

Kudos: 4

Hi everyone,

FYI,  update to 4.0.30, 0.13.10 and 5.10.21 without any issues currently.

5x AP-HD

3x SW-8

1x SW-24

1x USG-3P

1x CloudKey Gen1

RobbiOne

Kudos: 1313
Solutions: 327

[ Edited ]

@waterside :

In the release notes it is clearly stated that this version will not be promoted to Stable. It is not an assumption, it is what the release notes say.

Kudos: 4870
Solutions: 1289

Hello @KetelhutPhilipp,

Stable Candidates don't get pushed to the controllers, you will have to do a custom upgrade if you want to upgrade.

Devices > UAP > Config > Manage Device > Custom Upgrade

Regards,

Glenn R.

Cloud Hosted Controllers | Glenn R. | UniFi Installation/Easy Update Scripts | UniFi-Video Installation Scripts | UniFi-VoIP Installation Scripts
USG-XG-8 • USG-4-PRO • USG
US-XG-16 • US-48-500W • US-24-POE-250W 2x • US-16-POE-150W 3x • US-24 • US-8-150W • US-8
UAP XG • UAP-SHD • UAP-HD • UAP-NanoHD 2x • UAP-AC-PRO 2x • UAP-AC-LITE • UAP-AC-IW • UAP-AC-M • UAP-AC-M-PRO 2x
UAS-XG • UCK-G2-PLUS • UCK-G2 • UCK

@Jardin_Espanol wrote:
Can we please keep firmware version release threads on topic to that particular version. Make new posts for rants, raves, etc. about UBNT roadmaps, plans, development, testing, release practices and general gripes.

I give a big +1 for this.

Recently these forums have become a series of continual whines and rants with nothing particularly helpful.

It is normal for new releases to have known issues, and this applies to every product/solution from every vendor.  If a given release was to be held up until every single little known bug was addressed all progress would come to a halt and the time between releases would be unacceptably long.  Again:  This applies to every vendor - anyone that has ever looked over C* release notes will know this very well, for instance.

I also did note that this release includes a security fix for a new recent issue in the underlying linux kernel.  Thank you @UBNT-MikeD  for including the CVE in the release notes (much appreciated!) since that provides the needed detail for administrators (including home users?) to make an informed decision on priority to move to this version.

Established Member
Kudos: 597
Solutions: 21

@waterside wrote:

@athurdent wrote:

The release notes state:

That would not be a valid assumption.

Hmm, I did not assume anything, I think. I simply recited the release notes for those who may have overlooked them.

To contribute to this thread, my 3 nanoHDs and USWs run fine with this release, for 4.5 days now.

Kudos: 36

[ Edited ]

@waterside wrote:

@Jardin_Espanol wrote:

Recently these forums have become a series of continual whines and rants with nothing particularly helpful.

It is normal for new releases to have known issues, and this applies to every product/solution from every vendor.  If a given release was to be held up until every single little known bug was addressed all progress would come to a halt and the time between releases would be unacceptably long.  Again:  This applies to every vendor - anyone that has ever looked over C* release notes will know this very well, for instance.

Whines and rants? Quality control with these firmwares over the last 6 months or so has been below average. Do us a favor, go enter the beta test world on here, and ask yourself why when people reports the same bugs over and over, and then the release gets pushed out to the public, when they bugs weren't fixed, why someone shouldn't rant about it when the FW is labeled stable, put in a production environment, and creates more trouble than before?  Lets take the fan boy hat off, and get back to reality please! its been over 2 months since last stable FW release. If it takes another 2 months to release something stable and minimal bugs, then so be it!

@jbo55 wrote:
Do us a favor, go enter the beta test world on here, and ask yourself why when people reports the same bugs over and over, and then the release gets pushed out to the public, when they bugs weren't fixed, why someone shouldn't rant about it when the FW is labeled stable, put in a production environment, and creates more trouble than before?

I do participate in early-access, and have for a long time.

I also do similar with several other vendors.  Believe me UBNT is far from the worst.  

There is also no need for personal attacks just because you don't agree with someone (that's not professional).

I also read the release notes and discussions prior to testing out new firmware in a proper environment, and perform proper validation/testing prior to moving to production.

I also don't take a few posts in a public forum to indicate the sky is falling.  While one may not be happy that an issue they are hitting has not been addresed one should also expect there are other issues that also need to be addressed that might be higher priority.  Or perhaps the root cause of an issue has not yet been identified; or perhaps a proper fix for an identified cause has not been determined; or . . .

Really - these threads have become littered with constant rants that don't offer anything useful to the thread at hand.  A simple "I am still hitting this issue <insert reference to previous discussion here>" would be more than sufficient.  Generic rants don't offer anything to a release thread.

I agree that the release threads should be kept on-topic for the noted release.  Other rants are probably better left to different threads (or avoided entirely).  Adding noise to a thread to discuss specific issues with unrelated complaints doesn't help get those issues addressed, and in fact may only serve to hinder those efforts.

Kudos: 68
Solutions: 7

[ Edited ]

Yeah, UBNT is far from the worst offender of updates and patches. They also pretty quickly resolve security issues. I work in the enterprise network world designing global networks, and one particuarlly large network company released patches, and then had to let everyone know that their fixes for two security bugs didnt even work, and you have to upgrade all your switches again because they didnt include all their fixes in the code they released two weeks ago. Having to work on 10-50 AP's and other small switches is nothing compared to trusting a much larger company and having to upgrade thousands of switches and routers multiple weeks in a row...

My point here is UBNT is FAR from the worst, they actively work on developing new features and fixing previous issues. People have to realize that not all bugs are at the top of their list, and one that a reboot fixes wouldnt be at the top of mine either. I currently have to reboot production firewalls that are infinitely more expensive then anything UBNT sells because after 2 months of up time they throw flash storage errors and become unaccessible. Bugs effect everyone.

Kudos: 98

@Jardin_Espanol wrote:

If you read my comment carefully, you can see that I made a positive remark on the excellent work Jeff and Angus have been putting in hearing peoples feedback and releasing updates that include fixes. My second positive remark was about the wireless and switching branch. I have mirrored that against the negative experience I (and others) have with USG updates. Nothing wrong with that, neither ranting, it is fact based and if the community is flooded with only positive remarks, this gives a false understanding how people really think about it. Be transparent, that's all I want to say.

Back on topic:

I have successfully updated the following devices:

- 1 x USW 8-150

- 3 x UAP AC Lite

Will test further and report back if I find any issues.

@jbo55 wrote:

@waterside wrote:

@Jardin_Espanol wrote:

Whines and rants? Quality control with these firmwares over the last 6 months or so has been below average. Do us a favor, go enter the beta test world on here, and ask yourself why when people reports the same bugs over and over, and then the release gets pushed out to the public, when they bugs weren't fixed, why someone shouldn't rant about it when the FW is labeled stable, put in a production environment, and creates more trouble than before?  Lets take the fan boy hat off, and get back to reality please! its been over 2 months since last stable FW release. If it takes another 2 months to release something stable and minimal bugs, then so be it!

You must be new around here.  I laughed so hard at "go enter the beta test world on here", tears are coming out of my eyes.

Oh wait, it does say New Member below your name.

You are free to rant as others are free to be fanbois.  But do you have trouble grasping the concept of providing relevant feedback in version specific firmware/software thread and not injecting whines and rants about general software release practices?

Also people have a choice to apply a firmware or not, with or without doing their own due diligence for their home use or for their customers.

Please whine and rant in your own thread.

Emerging Member
Kudos: 22
Solutions: 1

@Jardin_Espanol I fully agree it is straight forward to stay in the actual topic.

How ever I must support @BreuR_ in his thoughts. Ubiquiti is doing a great job on the one hand - but on the other they are really having a lack of communication. 

If you don‘t get feedback on committed feature request you start feeling to be not heard or even worse to be betrade at a certain stage.

Following up the very long promised features belongs to a trustfull cultur as well. In case there are lots of efforts running towards this requirements in the background, I actually would appologize for this feedback. But as long there is no communication I just live with assumptions and rumors. Therefore I can‘t appologize....