Reply
Member
Posts: 198
Registered: ‎06-24-2014
Kudos: 3
Solutions: 1

Re: [FIRMWARE] 4.0.9.9636 for UAP/USW has been released | Stable Candidate

 

2x nanoHD upgrade

 

with hotfix firmware released and installed 2 weeks ago, my nanoHD didn't had not even one disconnection.

 

Hope that still on - I have read on the note release "memory leak fix"

 

any issues I will give my feedback Man Wink Man Wink

Established Member
Posts: 1,802
Registered: ‎04-26-2014
Kudos: 690
Solutions: 21

Re: [FIRMWARE] 4.0.9.9636 for UAP/USW has been released | Stable Candidate

Upgraded multiple AC APs and switches from various firmware version. I here is a list of the reported problems I saw.

1 UAP AC LR is no longer responding ping/ssh (TC pending) 

2 APs lost controller information (Resolved by ssh'ing into the APs and running set inform)

1 USW lost controller information (Resolved by ssh'ing into the switch and running set inform)

 

@UBNT-MikeD

When you receive a solution to your question/issue, don't forget to mark your thread as solved and to give kudos to the people who have helped you out!
Emerging Member
Posts: 77
Registered: ‎07-03-2018
Kudos: 6
Solutions: 1

Re: [FIRMWARE] 4.0.9.9636 for UAP/USW has been released | Stable Candidate

Update two AC-Pro , Multi SW used for switches.

 

No isseus.

UniFi Security Gateway 4P , Unifi Cloud Key, UniFi Switch 8 POE-150W, UniFi Switch 16 POE-150W, 2 x UniFi AP-AC-Pro, 1x UniFi NanoHD
New Member
Posts: 3
Registered: ‎07-11-2018
Kudos: 1

Re: [FIRMWARE] 4.0.9.9636 for UAP/USW has been released | Stable Candidate

Upgraded from 3.9.54.9373 with controller 5.9.29 on:

  • 4x US-8-60W
  • 2x UAP-nanoHD

Upgrade went smoothly, no client issues. In fact, Chromecast discovery between wired LAN clients on the same VLAN seems more reliable post-upgrade but I don't have hard numbers to back that up.

 

Looking at a 30 day trend in the controller, it definitely seems like a slow memory leak on the nanoHDs has been fixed (as noted in the changelog). On the same Performance page, I noticed that Dropped (RX) jumped from 0 to ~5k/hr, but I'm not sure if it's a real/new problem or if previous firmwares just didn't report this statistic correctly.

 

New Member
Posts: 25
Registered: ‎06-26-2018
Kudos: 3

Re: [FIRMWARE] 4.0.9.9636 for UAP/USW has been released | Stable Candidate

1 x hdNano

2 x UAP-AC Pro

 

hdNano not able to function as a main AP for 2 wireless island APs.

 

Island APs are not able to ping eachother etc. This has been issue for hdNano from the beginning.

 

Member
Posts: 199
Registered: ‎08-07-2018
Kudos: 32
Solutions: 1

Re: [FIRMWARE] 4.0.9.9636 for UAP/USW has been released | Stable Candidate

Was hoping that the firmware update would fix the high retry rates, but you can see what happened when I updated one AP to the 4.0 firmware and it immediately pushed the retry rates higher:

 

Screen Shot 2018-12-03 at 5.42.31 AM.jpg

 

Will update the other two and then take a look at the outcome as it settles down over a few hours.

Established Member
Posts: 2,084
Registered: ‎04-21-2015
Kudos: 279
Solutions: 92

Re: [FIRMWARE] 4.0.9.9636 for UAP/USW has been released | Stable Candidate

@jfruehe why do you think that firmware update caused higher retries rates? Maybe, same time, you got "b" client on the edge of your cell that uses low data rates that introduces retries, maybe you got another 802.11 and non-802.11  interference. There is so many maybe. In the controller check, which clients introduce retries, try to disable "b" rates completely, set adequate TX power on APs as for start.

Thanks,
Myky
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don`t blame the device as it`s always doing what you have asked it to do, this is not always the same as what you want.
Member
Posts: 199
Registered: ‎08-07-2018
Kudos: 32
Solutions: 1

Re: [FIRMWARE] 4.0.9.9636 for UAP/USW has been released | Stable Candidate

I have no B clients on the network. It is a home network and evbverything is N or AC.

 

The four connected clients to that AP are 2 Sonos devices, 1 Roku and one Wemo light switch. All are N. There are some iPads that may connect (but are not connected now) and those would be AC.

 

I had posted before asking how to check which clients had retries and nobody gave me a good answer on how to do that.

Established Member
Posts: 2,084
Registered: ‎04-21-2015
Kudos: 279
Solutions: 92

Re: [FIRMWARE] 4.0.9.9636 for UAP/USW has been released | Stable Candidate

[ Edited ]

@jfruehe ahh, I think I have posted good next steps here, as you have created another thread:

https://community.ubnt.com/t5/UniFi-Wireless/Dropped-packets-and-clients/m-p/2583366#M345258

 

EDIT:

Monitor mode PCAP is the only way you can check the retries. 

Thanks,
Myky
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don`t blame the device as it`s always doing what you have asked it to do, this is not always the same as what you want.
Member
Posts: 199
Registered: ‎08-07-2018
Kudos: 32
Solutions: 1

Re: [FIRMWARE] 4.0.9.9636 for UAP/USW has been released | Stable Candidate

All APs are at 4.0 now. I will run them for 24 hours and watch retries and dropped packets as well as anomolies and association failures. If I keep seeing issues I will drop it back to 3.54 for a day and if that is still an issue I'll go back to 3.19 which I know is solid and works fine. 

 

A bit frustrating that this is happening.

 

I'll check back in a few days after all of the changes have been made.

Ubiquiti Employee
Posts: 554
Registered: ‎01-31-2016
Kudos: 337
Solutions: 7

Re: [FIRMWARE] 4.0.9.9636 for UAP/USW has been released | Stable Candidate

@jfruehe what APs are you seeing this on? It could be a simple case of improved analytics on the newer firmware versions, but we need to make sure.
Member
Posts: 137
Registered: ‎08-12-2017
Kudos: 34
Solutions: 2

Re: [FIRMWARE] 4.0.9.9636 for UAP/USW has been released | Stable Candidate

There is a bug in the rf environment scan for countries in Europe. See following thread for more info.

https://community.ubnt.com/t5/UniFi-Wireless-Beta/Problems-with-rf-environment-scan-Bug/m-p/2584220#...

Member
Posts: 199
Registered: ‎08-07-2018
Kudos: 32
Solutions: 1

Re: [FIRMWARE] 4.0.9.9636 for UAP/USW has been released | Stable Candidate


@UBNT-TonyT wrote:
@jfruehewhat APs are you seeing this on? It could be a simple case of improved analytics on the newer firmware versions, but we need to make sure.

Here is my config. The Band steering was added this morning, it had not been on previously.

 

Screen Shot 2018-12-03 at 11.51.36 AM.png

Ubiquiti Employee
Posts: 3,803
Registered: ‎01-11-2016
Kudos: 1142
Solutions: 29

Re: [FIRMWARE] 4.0.9.9636 for UAP/USW has been released | Stable Candidate

@TyShawn Any chance we can get old firmware versions on those devices?
Want to try out new features or fixes before they're released as Stable? Sign up for Beta here: https://help.ubnt.com/hc/en-us/articles/204908664-How-To-Signup-for-Beta-Access
Having connectivity issues? See: https://help.ubnt.com/hc/en-us/articles/221029967-UniFi-Debugging-Intermittent-Connectivity-Issues-on-your-UAP
Ubiquiti Employee
Posts: 3,803
Registered: ‎01-11-2016
Kudos: 1142
Solutions: 29

Re: [FIRMWARE] 4.0.9.9636 for UAP/USW has been released | Stable Candidate

@jfruehe Can you specify which UAP models you are using there, and if the packet counts are high enough to constitute a problem?
Want to try out new features or fixes before they're released as Stable? Sign up for Beta here: https://help.ubnt.com/hc/en-us/articles/204908664-How-To-Signup-for-Beta-Access
Having connectivity issues? See: https://help.ubnt.com/hc/en-us/articles/221029967-UniFi-Debugging-Intermittent-Connectivity-Issues-on-your-UAP
Emerging Member
Posts: 57
Registered: ‎02-12-2016
Kudos: 16

Re: [FIRMWARE] 4.0.9.9636 for UAP/USW has been released | Stable Candidate

[ Edited ]

@jfruehe wrote:

Was hoping that the firmware update would fix the high retry rates, but you can see what happened when I updated one AP to the 4.0 firmware and it immediately pushed the retry rates higher:

 

Screen Shot 2018-12-03 at 5.42.31 AM.jpg

 

Will update the other two and then take a look at the outcome as it settles down over a few hours.


I have the same issue.  Sonos devices have "high" retry rates.  All devices are connected at 99% (~ -50dBm).  In general they have about 20%-30% RX retry rates.  TX retry rates are 0.  This has never caused an actual issue that I have noticed.

 

Also, the reporting on this is very wonky.  For example, one of my devices indicates "High WiFi retries for client for last 24 hours, but when looking at the detail for that client there is a single hour long period in which there were 65 RX retries out of 142,408 received packets.  So.....a .04% error rate was enough to trigger the High WiFi retries warning....

Member
Posts: 199
Registered: ‎08-07-2018
Kudos: 32
Solutions: 1

Re: [FIRMWARE] 4.0.9.9636 for UAP/USW has been released | Stable Candidate


@sublimese wrote:

@jfruehe wrote:

Was hoping that the firmware update would fix the high retry rates, but you can see what happened when I updated one AP to the 4.0 firmware and it immediately pushed the retry rates higher:

 

Screen Shot 2018-12-03 at 5.42.31 AM.jpg

 

Will update the other two and then take a look at the outcome as it settles down over a few hours.


I have the same issue.  Sonos devices have "high" retry rates.  All devices are connected at 99% (~ -50dBm).  In general they have about 20%-30% RX retry rates.  TX retry rates are 0.  This has never caused an actual issue that I have noticed.

 

Also, the reporting on this is very wonky.  For example, one of my devices indicates "High WiFi retries for client for last 24 hours, but when looking at the detail for that client there is a single hour long period in which there were 65 RX retries out of 142,408 received packets.  So.....a .04% error rate was enough to trigger the High WiFi retries warning....


Since my Sonos are next to a switch, let me pop a Cat 5e in there and run them on Sonosnet for a bit.

Emerging Member
Posts: 57
Registered: ‎02-12-2016
Kudos: 16

Re: [FIRMWARE] 4.0.9.9636 for UAP/USW has been released | Stable Candidate


@jfruehe wrote:

@sublimese wrote:

@jfruehe wrote:

Was hoping that the firmware update would fix the high retry rates, but you can see what happened when I updated one AP to the 4.0 firmware and it immediately pushed the retry rates higher:

 

Screen Shot 2018-12-03 at 5.42.31 AM.jpg

 

Will update the other two and then take a look at the outcome as it settles down over a few hours.


I have the same issue.  Sonos devices have "high" retry rates.  All devices are connected at 99% (~ -50dBm).  In general they have about 20%-30% RX retry rates.  TX retry rates are 0.  This has never caused an actual issue that I have noticed.

 

Also, the reporting on this is very wonky.  For example, one of my devices indicates "High WiFi retries for client for last 24 hours, but when looking at the detail for that client there is a single hour long period in which there were 65 RX retries out of 142,408 received packets.  So.....a .04% error rate was enough to trigger the High WiFi retries warning....


Since my Sonos are next to a switch, let me pop a Cat 5e in there and run them on Sonosnet for a bit.


Running on sonosnet is just going to remove their tracking from the controller.  You'll only see the one you have hard wired (the others will all be a part of the sonosnet mesh that will not appear in the unifi controller).  The retries will disapear because they will no longer be using your APs......

Member
Posts: 199
Registered: ‎08-07-2018
Kudos: 32
Solutions: 1

Re: [FIRMWARE] 4.0.9.9636 for UAP/USW has been released | Stable Candidate


@sublimese wrote:

Running on sonosnet is just going to remove their tracking from the controller.  You'll only see the one you have hard wired (the others will all be a part of the sonosnet mesh that will not appear in the unifi controller).  The retries will disapear because they will no longer be using your APs......


Yes, just trying to remove the Sonos from the mix to see if I can get down to what is causing the issues. Ideally I'd like the Sonos on the standard network in the long term.

Regular Member
Posts: 688
Registered: ‎06-11-2017
Kudos: 188
Solutions: 68

Re: [FIRMWARE] 4.0.9.9636 for UAP/USW has been released | Stable Candidate

Have a site that has UAP-AC-M on a wireless uplink to another AC-M. Updated the downlinked one first, and once it was complete, the wired AC-M.  The downlinked AC-M had about 15 disconnects over the next 2 hours, till it finally stayed "disconnected". I was able to ping it, and SSH into it. When I ran info it hung for a bit and just returned the command prompt, nothing else. I rebooted it via CLI (still showing disconnected in the controller) and it has not shown any disconnects in the past 12 hours. 

 

I'm hesitant to update some of my other AC-M that are wirelessly uplinked, and are physically hard to get access to (the one giving me trouble is my easiest accessed so has become my update test AP).

Reply