Highlighted
Kudos: 1
Solutions: 1
Accepted Solution

Feature Request: More detailed matching in Insights => Neigbouring access points

Feature request:

Make all subentries in list 'Location' for each neigbouring access point in controller function 'Insigths => Neighbouring access points' match search criteria.

Rationale:

I have an installation of about 70 APs in an environment with several forreign acces points.The Unifi controller is working great.

I need to be able to locate and mitigate channel congestion and interference caused by forreign access points. I find the 'Search' functionality in 'Insights => Neighbouring access points' useful for this, albeit lacking completeness. The search only matches the first entry in the 'Location' column for each neigbouring access point.

Use case:

I select 'Insights => Neighbouring access points' and enter a speciffic AP name in the Search box in the upper right of the view.

I notice that this filters the access points to show me which neighbours are near or nearest the AP I searched for. I also notice that some of the neighbouring access pionts has an expandable list of all UniFi APs it is close to, given in the 'Location' column.

The problem is that the search only matches the first line in the list of UniFi APs ('Location') the neighbour is close to, and thus does not provide a complete list of all forreign neigbours of a specific UniFi AP.

Regards

Frode

Accepted Solutions
Kudos: 4028
Solutions: 1030

Re: Feature Request: More detailed matching in Insights => Neigbouring access points

Hello @frodeseverin,

Please post feature requests here.

Regards,

Glenn R.

Cloud Hosted Controllers | Glenn R. | UniFi Installation/Easy Update Scripts | UniFi-Video Installation Scripts | UniFi-VoIP Installation Scripts
USG-XG-8 • USG-4-PRO • USG
US-XG-16 • US-48-500W • US-24-POE-250W 2x • US-16-POE-150W 3x • US-24 • US-8-150W • US-8
UAP XG • UAP-SHD • UAP-HD • UAP-NanoHD 2x • UAP-AC-PRO 2x • UAP-AC-LITE • UAP-AC-IW • UAP-AC-M • UAP-AC-M-PRO 2x
UAS-XG • UCK-G2-PLUS • UCK-G2 • UCK

View solution in original post

Re: Feature Request: More detailed matching in Insights => Neigbouring access points

All Replies
Kudos: 4028
Solutions: 1030

Hello @frodeseverin,

Please post feature requests here.

Regards,

Glenn R.

Cloud Hosted Controllers | Glenn R. | UniFi Installation/Easy Update Scripts | UniFi-Video Installation Scripts | UniFi-VoIP Installation Scripts
USG-XG-8 • USG-4-PRO • USG
US-XG-16 • US-48-500W • US-24-POE-250W 2x • US-16-POE-150W 3x • US-24 • US-8-150W • US-8
UAP XG • UAP-SHD • UAP-HD • UAP-NanoHD 2x • UAP-AC-PRO 2x • UAP-AC-LITE • UAP-AC-IW • UAP-AC-M • UAP-AC-M-PRO 2x
UAS-XG • UCK-G2-PLUS • UCK-G2 • UCK