Kudos: 93
Solutions: 7
Accepted Solution

Forget This Device - Forget button missing

Hi All,

Take a look at this "new idea" thread.  Is this just a setting that turned off the button or a bug?  If it's a setting, were is the switch to turn the "Forget" button back on?

https://community.ubnt.com/t5/UniFi-Feature-Requests/Unifi-Forgetting-Device/idc-p/2712497#M18722

thanks!

James

Accepted Solutions
Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 16172
Solutions: 607
Contributions: 20

Re: Forget This Device - Forget button missing

[ Edited ]

Do you have any really long site names? Depending on the screen res and length of the site name it's possible that the Forget button may draw outside of the docked device property panel. You may need to undock the panel, and expand it to actually view the button.

This is a known issue and we will have this fixed by the next release.

Cheers,

Mike

View solution in original post

All Replies
Established Member
Kudos: 532
Solutions: 73

Hi @Rotary_Convert
That other thread reply might be right. You might not be logged in as a super admin in order to get the ability to remove devices from the controller.
Kudos: 4026
Solutions: 1029

Hello @Rotary_Convert,

The forget button is still there..

What browser are you using?

Have you tried clearing the cache?

Are you seeing any errors in your browser console?

Regards,

Glenn R.

Cloud Hosted Controllers | Glenn R. | UniFi Installation/Easy Update Scripts | UniFi-Video Installation Scripts | UniFi-VoIP Installation Scripts
USG-XG-8 • USG-4-PRO • USG
US-XG-16 • US-48-500W • US-24-POE-250W 2x • US-16-POE-150W 3x • US-24 • US-8-150W • US-8
UAP XG • UAP-SHD • UAP-HD • UAP-NanoHD 2x • UAP-AC-PRO 2x • UAP-AC-LITE • UAP-AC-IW • UAP-AC-M • UAP-AC-M-PRO 2x
UAS-XG • UCK-G2-PLUS • UCK-G2 • UCK

@verisarioc Thanks for that ... I was using a unifi.ubnt.com account.  I directly logged into the controler as super admin with the same results ... no button.

@AmazedMender16 I'm using the latest version of Chrome and tried clearing the cache.  No luck.  For grins and giggles I just tried Edge ... same results, no button.  Well, that and I'm warned that Edge isn't supported.  I didn't see any errors.  Was there something special to do / look for?

Hello @Rotary_Convert,

Edge is not 100% funtional.

Have you tried incognito mode in chrome?

Are you seeing any errors in the browser console?

Regards,

Glenn R.

Cloud Hosted Controllers | Glenn R. | UniFi Installation/Easy Update Scripts | UniFi-Video Installation Scripts | UniFi-VoIP Installation Scripts
US-XG-16 • US-48-500W • US-24-POE-250W 2x • US-16-POE-150W 3x • US-24 • US-8-150W • US-8
UAP XG • UAP-SHD • UAP-HD • UAP-NanoHD 2x • UAP-AC-PRO 2x • UAP-AC-LITE • UAP-AC-IW • UAP-AC-M • UAP-AC-M-PRO 2x

No luck with Incognito.

No errors in the console ... but I'm not entirely sure what I'm looking for.  Any pointers?

Firefox does work on computer number two.  The button shows up.

Chrome on computer number three has same issue.

Both my computer and number three are running Chrome Version 72.0.3626.121 (Official Build) (64-bit).  I updated to Version 73.0.3683.75 (Official Build) (64-bit) with the same results.

Hi all,

I'm bumping this again.  I've tried a forth computer, brand new Chrome install ... no forget button.

This is either related to my controler or a bug.

Who is using Chrome with 5.10.19?  Would you check to see if the "forget" button is there?

James

Hello @Rotary_Convert,

Forget button is there for me at all times...

Do you have any browser extensions or are they clean browsers?

Have you tried 5.10.20?

Regards,

Glenn R.

Thanks @AmazedMender16 ,

I just read through the post for .20 ... I'll give it a shot and report back as soon as it hit's the Debian repos.

James

Hello @Rotary_Convert,

Sure, keep me posted!

Regards,

Glenn R.

[ Edited ]

I am running 5.10.20 and have the same problem.

Problem seems to be in browser with chromium engine (Chrome/Opera). In Firefox the button is there.
In Chrome/Opera the button exists when I inspect with developer tools but it does not seem to appear.
The code is the same in both browsers

Chrome developer tools output:

<div class="ubntFooter__buttons">
    <div class="ubntButtonGroup ubntButtonGroup--cozy">
        <button class="ubntButton ubntButton--primary forgetDevice busyToggle" type="button"
                ng-click="devicePropertiesConfigureForgetCtrl.forget()"
                busy-toggle="devicePropertiesConfigureForgetCtrl.isForgetting"
                busy-toggle-spinner-classes="['appSpinner appSpinner--dark appSpinner--centered appSpinner--small']">
            <div class="busyToggle__body" ng-hide="busySpinnerActive">Forget</div><!----></button>
    </div>
</div>

Firefox developer tools output:

<div class="ubntFooter__buttons">
    <div class="ubntButtonGroup ubntButtonGroup--cozy">
        <button class="ubntButton ubntButton--primary forgetDevice busyToggle" type="button"
                ng-click="devicePropertiesConfigureForgetCtrl.forget()"
                busy-toggle="devicePropertiesConfigureForgetCtrl.isForgetting"
                busy-toggle-spinner-classes="['appSpinner appSpinner--dark appSpinner--centered appSpinner--small']">
            <div class="busyToggle__body" ng-hide="busySpinnerActive">Forget</div><!----></button>
    </div>
</div>

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 16172
Solutions: 607
Contributions: 20

[ Edited ]

Do you have any really long site names? Depending on the screen res and length of the site name it's possible that the Forget button may draw outside of the docked device property panel. You may need to undock the panel, and expand it to actually view the button.

This is a known issue and we will have this fixed by the next release.

Cheers,

Mike

Highlighted

@UBNT-MikeD called it ... I have long site names.  As soon as I undock the panel the button shows up:

Capture.PNG

If I expand window the entire button appears.

Time to relax and wait for the next release.

:-)

Kudos: 3

@UBNT-MikeD wrote:

This was my issue, still on .19 tho. Thank you.