Solutions: 2
Accepted Solution

Guests not redirected to portal

[ Edited ]

I'm having trouble with the guest portal. When a guest device connects to the network, the device isn't redirected to the guest portal (in this case at 10.190.30.253). The guest network is running on a separate VLAN. However I can access the portal from the unauthorised clients by typing in the URL of the portal, so I don't think it's a firewall issue on the EdgeRouter. 

When the portal isn't enabled the guest network runs fine and as expected. I've searched in the community, so i've checked the inform URL on each AP (which is correct), there's nothing else using the ports as I'm using a cloudkey. I've also enabled DNS forwarding for the network in the router.

I've also allowed the subnets in the 'guest control' area of unifi.

Any help would be appreciated.

Accepted Solutions

Re: Guests not redirected to portal

No I am not. I had an excellent chat with support and they said to create another site, moving the APs to the new site, and it worked, so it appears there was a bug in the site somewhere. 

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Emerging Member
Kudos: 57

No I am not. I had an excellent chat with support and they said to create another site, moving the APs to the new site, and it worked, so it appears there was a bug in the site somewhere.