Guests not redirected to portal

We are trying to setup guest wireless using using the Guest Portal in Unifi. We have everything but the portal working. If I disable using the guest portal I am able to get on the internet with no problem. If I have the guest portal enabled I can connect to the guest wireless and I pull a correct IP address but I am not redirected to the portal. I can manually pull up the portal but it does not work that way. I have looked through the forums for help on this and everything seems to be set up properly according to the direction I have found and from the troubleshooting steps I have found it looks like it should be working. Any help would be great.

Re: Guests not redirected to portal

I have the same problem. After some time with 1st level support it is escalated. May be a firmware issue. Not sure yet.

Kudos: 1692
Solutions: 508

Hello @jbarnella,

Have you tried to forget the network and reconnect to it?

Also does the portal popup if you browse to a http site?

Regards,

Glenn R.

Cloud Hosted Controllers | Glenn R. | UniFi Installation/Easy Update Scripts | UniFi-Video Installation/Easy Update Scripts | UniFi-VoIP Installation Scripts
USG-4-PRO • USG
USW-48-500W • USW-24-POE-250W 2x • USW-16-POE-150W • USW-24 • USW-8-150W • USW-8
UAP XG • UAP-SHD • UAP-HD • UAP-NanoHD • UAP-AC-PRO 2x • UAP-AC-LITE • UAP-AC-IW • UAP-AC-M
UCK-G2 • UCK

I can manually browse to the http portal but when I browse to it I am not able to authenticate with it like it does when the portal pops up on it's own. 

I have tried forgetting the network and reconnecting as well as deleting and re-creating the network in Unifi. 

Kudos: 1692
Solutions: 508

Hello @jbarnella,

Don't manually browse to the portal, just browse to any http site and see if it pops up.

Regards,

Glenn R.

Cloud Hosted Controllers | Glenn R. | UniFi Installation/Easy Update Scripts | UniFi-Video Installation/Easy Update Scripts | UniFi-VoIP Installation Scripts
USG-4-PRO • USG
USW-48-500W • USW-24-POE-250W 2x • USW-16-POE-150W • USW-24 • USW-8-150W • USW-8
UAP XG • UAP-SHD • UAP-HD • UAP-NanoHD • UAP-AC-PRO 2x • UAP-AC-LITE • UAP-AC-IW • UAP-AC-M
UCK-G2 • UCK
Highlighted

I could understand that. We have a location that is still working correctly that I have not updated the firmware on the AP's to the latest version yet. I would be interested if support confirms that. Thank you for the info.

I have tried going on the internet and opening a site to see if I would get forwarded to the portal. I get a "This site can't be reached".