Accepted Solution

Help with mesh network Ubiquiti UACPRO

Hello!

I acquired two Ubiquiti UAC PRO a few weeks ago. The house where the ubiquiti are is a two-storey house.
The ubiquiti wired is inside a closet (I can't remove it from there because it is where the router is). The second Ubiquiti is in wireless mode on the floor below, but the coverage is very low.
I increased TX power to High in both ubiquiti, but still offers very low coverage.
I scanned the signals of 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz to know which channels were best and configured them that way.
Is there any way to offer more coverage on the floor below without moving the one above? I have thought of buying another Ubiquiti UAC PRO and put it in floor below but I don't know if it will offer much change, besides there is low speed.

Any ideas?

Thank you!

Accepted Solutions
Kudos: 3047
Solutions: 818

Re: Help with mesh network Ubiquiti UACPRO

Hello @falconfx,

Ceiling mount the UAP, the antennas are on the dome site of the UAP.

HERE you can find the Antenna Radiation Patterns of the UAPs.

Regards,

Glenn R.

Cloud Hosted Controllers | Glenn R. | UniFi Installation/Easy Update Scripts | UniFi-VoIP Installation Scripts
USG-4-PRO • USG
USW-48-500W • USW-24-POE-250W 2x • USW-16-POE-150W 3x • USW-24 • USW-8-150W • USW-8
UAP XG • UAP-SHD • UAP-HD • UAP-NanoHD • UAP-AC-PRO 2x • UAP-AC-LITE • UAP-AC-IW • UAP-AC-M
UAS-XG • UCK-G2-PLUS • UCK-G2 • UCK

View solution in original post

Established Member
Kudos: 1153
Solutions: 79

All Replies

Hello @falconfx,

Welcome to the community!

How is your UAP mounted?

What is your floor made of?

I think you will need to move the unit or get another one.

Regards,

Glenn R.

Cloud Hosted Controllers | Glenn R. | UniFi Installation/Easy Update Scripts | UniFi-VoIP Installation Scripts
USG-4-PRO • USG
USW-48-500W • USW-24-POE-250W 2x • USW-16-POE-150W 3x • USW-24 • USW-8-150W • USW-8
UAP XG • UAP-SHD • UAP-HD • UAP-NanoHD • UAP-AC-PRO 2x • UAP-AC-LITE • UAP-AC-IW • UAP-AC-M

Hi @AmazedMender16

Thank you for your reply. 

I don't know what you want to say about how the UAP is mounted but it is mounted inside a closet (without hanging on the ceiling) on the upper floor. At this moment I don't remember all the configurations that I put on becuase is not my house.
I don't know what the floor is made of, but I know it is made of a thick coating for the cold.
Another problem is that the signal has to give many bounces to reach the other wireless UAP (there are doors, stairs and walls in the middle), but if I move it from the site, the computers below have a poorer signal.

I do not know if there is a product from Ubiquiti that amplifies the signal in floor below to avoid buying another Ubiquiti pro, or even if a PLC system would work.

Thank you very much!

Hello @falconfx,

Ceiling mount the UAP, the antennas are on the dome site of the UAP.

HERE you can find the Antenna Radiation Patterns of the UAPs.

Regards,

Glenn R.

USG-4-PRO • USG
Established Member
Kudos: 1153
Solutions: 79

Thank you @AmazedMender16 and @Jardin_Espanol for your replies. I will consider your advices. 

Regards.