Emerging Member
Kudos: 9
Solutions: 4
Accepted Solution

How to block a client from one SSID but not the other SSID

Hi, how can i block a client from one SSID but i would still like it to connect to another SSID on the same network:?

I have multiple UAP that are broadcasting two SSID one is Work and the other School.

I have one network, with two WLAN . one SSID on WLAN is called School and the other Work.

School wlan is setup so that it starts at 6:00am and goes off at 9:00pm.

And the Work wlan is on all the time. 

I would like some clients to be able to connect to School only and not to Work.

When i try to block them , and their connected to Work then their also blocked from School?

what am i doing wrong, or can this be done?

thanks for looking.

Accepted Solutions
Veteran Member
Kudos: 1313
Solutions: 229

Re: How to block a client from one SSID but not the other SSID

@Wannabe wrote:

Hi, how can i block a client from one SSID but i would still like it to connect to another SSID on the same network:?

I have multiple UAP that are broadcasting two SSID one is Work and the other School.

I have one network, with two WLAN . one SSID on WLAN is called School and the other Work.

When i try to block them , and their connected to Work then their also blocked from School?

thanks for looking.

@Wannabe How were you trying to block the devices? From the clients list? If so, that is not the way to do it in your case, instead look at the MAC FILTER settings for each wireless network and add the device MAC addresses to your whitelist there as required.

Art of WiFi
Check out our UniFi API browser tool on GitHub. The PHP API client which it uses, can be found here on GitHub.
The thread on our UniFi Device Search tool can be found here, also check out our Captive Portal solutions for UniFi.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Veteran Member
Kudos: 1313
Solutions: 229

@Wannabe wrote:

thanks for looking.

@Wannabe How were you trying to block the devices? From the clients list? If so, that is not the way to do it in your case, instead look at the MAC FILTER settings for each wireless network and add the device MAC addresses to your whitelist there as required.

Art of WiFi
Check out our UniFi API browser tool on GitHub. The PHP API client which it uses, can be found here on GitHub.
The thread on our UniFi Device Search tool can be found here, also check out our Captive Portal solutions for UniFi.
Emerging Member
Kudos: 9
Solutions: 4

Yes i was trying to block the client from the client list.

Is there another way other then using mac filtering?

SuperUser
Kudos: 2180
Solutions: 1086

As suggested by @slooffmaster, using the mac-filter, with the blacklist, should be fast and easy ...

Cheers,

jonatha