Scheduled maintenance: Community will be offline Monday June 17th, 1:00 AM - 6:00 AM (PT)
Kudos: 1
Solutions: 1

Re: Huawei devices unable to connect to guest portal

[ Edited ]

thanks @MorneYoung looking forward to your results.

@slooffmaster I'm not using letsencrypt I bought a two year SSL cert from Go Daddy. It has been working fine until now, and still functions fine on almost all devices.

image.png

Veteran Member
Kudos: 1370
Solutions: 238

@onolisk wrote:

thanks @MorneYoung looking forward to your results.

@slooffmaster I'm not using letsencrypt I bought a two year SSL cert from Go Daddy. It has been working fine until now, and still functions fine on almost all devices.

image.png

@onolisk The reason why I focus on this is that the connecting devices will not all be able to check the SSL certificate if the full chain (with the intermediate certs as shown in my example) is not installed on the controller.

Remember, the devices do not have internet access at that point in the flow and are unable to fetch the intermediate certs dynamically elsewhere. Devices with internet connectivity will be able to do so which is why the error only appears in the captive portal and the full chain isn't installed.

Not saying your certs aren't installed correctly but it is something you should definitely check.

Art of WiFi
Check out our UniFi API browser tool on GitHub. The PHP API client which it uses, can be found here on GitHub.
The thread on our UniFi Device Search tool can be found here, also check out our Captive Portal solutions for UniFi.
Veteran Member
Kudos: 1370
Solutions: 238

@onolisk Also, disabling HTTPS as @MorneYoung suggests will often solve captive portal connectivity issues.

Art of WiFi
Check out our UniFi API browser tool on GitHub. The PHP API client which it uses, can be found here on GitHub.
The thread on our UniFi Device Search tool can be found here, also check out our Captive Portal solutions for UniFi.

Ok so my workaround only lasted yesterday.

This morning Huawei again can't connect

hi @slooffmaster 

I appreciate the suggestions so far, but the chain is loaded correctly according to the java key store, as far as I can tell. Still hoping to find out why this is happening. Quite embarrassing to have a solution that some users cant use :facepalm:

UniFi Keystore:

image.png

Anyone else have any ideas?

These were the recommendations given to me, but sadly have not worked in my case
The upgrade to 4.0.30 seems to made it worse as my devices now just say "no internet" and do not even attempt to redirect to the portal

Manually upgrade anyone AP to firmware v4.0.30, firmware link:
https://community.ubnt.com/t5/UniFi-Updates-Blog/FIRMWARE-4-0-30-10217-for-UAP-USW-has-been-released...

Disable the following option from settings >> site tab:
-Advanced Features
-Automatic Upgrades
-Uplink Connectivity Monitor
-Automatically Optimize Network and Wi-Fi performance

We seem to have solved the problem with the following combo
Controller: 5.10.23

AP firware: 4.0.21.9965

We have tested a few devices and so far so good

Hi

I also upgraded AP last week and it works

Thanks gents I'll upgrade tonight as well and report back

Upgrading to Controller: 5.10.23 seems to have fixed it for our users, hope it sticks!

Tengo el mismo problema, lo he podido  sortear en  gran parte en los telefonos huawei desactivando chrome y activando de nuevo, asi tumbo las ultimas actualizaciones  y  olvido la  red y de nuevo intento conectarme, asi si piede voucher. otra manera cuando estan mas complicados es instalar fire fox

Highlighted
Kudos: 3

Our network consists of four Unifi access points and Cloud Key on top of a SonicWall TZ400 UTM (replacing a TZ105 in January 2019), which also provides DHCP.  We have setup two networks, one of which is a guest network using voucher code authentication.  Except for the new TZ400 and one additional access point, we have been operation with this configuration since March 2017. 

About a month ago guest network users were not able to obtain a browser landing page.  We powered down all access points for 15 minutes, which restored usability for guest users - to a point.  Perhaps a third of the guest users are now have network connectivity issues affecting both iOS and Android devices.  Affected users state that their devices do not have problems on other networks.  We have not been able to wrestle this problem to the ground.  Naturally, users are becoming somewhat frustrated.

Fortunately or unfortunately we have kept pace with Unifi software and firmware updates.  Users on the non-guest network are not experiencing issues.

Would appreciate suggestions.

It would appear the issue has returned with firmware upgrade to 4.0.42.10433
Will be doing some more testing, quite annoying

Kudos: 4870
Solutions: 1288

Hello @Lizzardd,

There are issues with 4.0.42 and the guest portal, please try this. ( you will need to sign up for BETA access )

Regards,

Glenn R.

Cloud Hosted Controllers | Glenn R. | UniFi Installation/Easy Update Scripts | UniFi-Video Installation Scripts | UniFi-VoIP Installation Scripts
USG-XG-8 • USG-4-PRO • USG
US-XG-16 • US-48-500W • US-24-POE-250W 2x • US-16-POE-150W 3x • US-24 • US-8-150W • US-8
UAP XG • UAP-SHD • UAP-HD • UAP-NanoHD 2x • UAP-AC-PRO 2x • UAP-AC-LITE • UAP-AC-IW • UAP-AC-M • UAP-AC-M-PRO 2x
UAS-XG • UCK-G2-PLUS • UCK-G2 • UCK