Kudos: 8642
Solutions: 1448

Re: Improving thruput speed

There have been so many comments in this thread that

don't seem to be focused on the issues, that even I am

confused. Perhaps you should start a new thread, and

this time, post the details of your setup and all the data

reports you can find for your UniFi system.  Dave

> HQ in Seacoast region New Hampshire U.S.A.
> Ubiquiti Certified Trainer [UCT] for:
     UBWA [AirMax] / UEWA [UniFi] / UBRSS [routers]
UBNT.NH@gmail.com
Kudos: 6
Solutions: 3

I'm BACK...

Dave suggested I start a new thread but I want to hit it just one more time...with what I found.

The path goes from...Modem>ub router>ub switch>TOUGHSWITCH> ub AP-LR

I eliminated the Toughswitch and ran the AP-LR straight to the ub switch in the utility room...and the wireless speeds almost doubled to 38 down.

Now I know the toughswitch is like a step child with Ubiquiti but it obviously is the bottleneck (at least in this test).

What do you think? Is the Toughswitch a POS? Being on a budget as we all are, I need to be sure it's the problem before we start throwing money at it...

THANKS again for all the help!

Paul

Kudos: 4069
Solutions: 1047

Hello @plongson,

Question, why don't you leave the UAP plugged into the other switch?

Did you move the UAP to a different location?

Regards,

Glenn R.

Cloud Hosted Controllers | Glenn R. | UniFi Installation/Easy Update Scripts | UniFi-Video Installation Scripts | UniFi-VoIP Installation Scripts
USG-XG-8 • USG-4-PRO • USG
US-XG-16 • US-48-500W • US-24-POE-250W 2x • US-16-POE-150W 3x • US-24 • US-8-150W • US-8
UAP XG • UAP-SHD • UAP-HD • UAP-NanoHD 2x • UAP-AC-PRO 2x • UAP-AC-LITE • UAP-AC-IW • UAP-AC-M • UAP-AC-M-PRO 2x
UAS-XG • UCK-G2-PLUS • UCK-G2 • UCK

They are physically seperated. The ub switch and router are in the utility room where the Toughswitch is on the second floor and has a number of connections...gotta have a switch on the second floor along with the AP.

What's weird is anything CAT-5 hard wired into the TS (laptop, an IP cam, printer etc) has good speed but the AP suffers a loss...

[ Edited ]

Hello @plongson,

Are you upgraded to the latest firmware version for the switch?

But you might just buy a new switch, like a USW 8 150W which is a newer switch and performs better.

The Toughswitch is a gen1 switch

Regards,

Glenn R.

Cloud Hosted Controllers | Glenn R. | UniFi Installation/Easy Update Scripts | UniFi-Video Installation Scripts | UniFi-VoIP Installation Scripts
US-XG-16 • US-48-500W • US-24-POE-250W 2x • US-16-POE-150W 3x • US-24 • US-8-150W • US-8
UAP XG • UAP-SHD • UAP-HD • UAP-NanoHD 2x • UAP-AC-PRO 2x • UAP-AC-LITE • UAP-AC-IW • UAP-AC-M • UAP-AC-M-PRO 2x

That's what I was thinking, and afraid of. At the shop we have the same setup, TS to AP-LR and it suffers speed problems. I'm gonna perform the same test there later today. If it improves as well, I'll know it's the TS.

I'll keep you posted...film at eleven. LOL

Hello @plongson,

Please keep us posted!

Regards,

Glenn R.