Kudos: 4

Initialization Error A12 Unifi UAP-AC-LITE

Hi,

I have an AC-Lite which is about 18 months old. Yesterday I was changing a couple of the settings, it went to "provisioning" then apparently locked up. I gave it about 10 minutes to see if anything happened and when it didn't I power-cycled it.

When it came back up the white LED flashes rapidly which according to this page means it has an Initialization Error A12 and I should return it to UBNT. Given it's age and the fact that it has only had domestic use I am annoyed that it appears to have died.

Is there anything that I can try before resigning myself to the fact that it'sgoing in the bin?

Thanks,

Paul.

SuperUser
Kudos: 5194
Solutions: 1740

Re: Initialization Error A12 Unifi UAP-AC-LITE

Many thanks, I’ll give that a try in the morning.

Paul

Gave that a try and it went through the motions of uploading the firmware and applying it so clearly it's functioning at some level. Unfortunately when it had finished it's upgrade routine it reverted to the rapidly flashing white LED again.

SuperUser
Kudos: 5194
Solutions: 1740

[ Edited ]

Unfortunately, 18 months is beyond the 1 year warranty period. Maybe try the TFTP another time before you give up... Man Sad

Maybe try different versions of firmware?

I did it my way .... Man Happy

Thanks Flipper.

i have tried a couple of different firmware versions. I’ll give it one last try before it becomes an expensive frisbee 😆