Re: Intermittent Connectivity Issues? Steps to try before posting...

[ Edited ]

I never get why some people have a problem with replies to old topics, especially if they are still relevant.

Why is there a "troubleshooting guide" here, and not a "technical guide" - which would probably negate the need for troubleshooting - I mean, if we knew how things worked in the first place, we could  plan and configure properly...

Instead of just trying something based on an assumption and then being doomed to time consuming troubleshooting. I mean, the section on network loops is a good example: Who in their right mind is going to run tcpdump on an AP while clients are breathing down their neck about their dead connection?  Only really special people like some of us who post here, that is who. Most people will just replace hardware with something that doesn't require tinkering.

I already know there is a loop because the system changed the meshing! Why did it change the meshing? Is it because it couldn't get to the gateway? (BTW it also changed the meshing when I told it to check localhost... why?) What if the gateway was only down for a minute?

Come on UBNT, please share the code, or the protocol. Or send the guy that wrote it here to answer some questions so we can use your products better.

I would love for your developers, for example, to come and spend a week or two in our community so that they can see how your devices are used in real world scenarios, and make some much needed improvents - or at least change your processes so that you have a way to solicit infinitely more valuable feedback from your clients.

Highlighted
SuperUser
Kudos: 5860
Solutions: 385

Re: Intermittent Connectivity Issues? Steps to try before posting...

@zenzeleni wrote:

I would love for your developers, for example, to come and spend a week or two in our community so that they can see how your devices are used in real world scenarios, and make some much needed improvents - or at least change your processes so that you have a way to solicit infinitely more valuable feedback from your clients.

The developers are here constantly.  If you search for threads around mesh, at least one of the firmware devs is active in them. 

Here's the ultimate thought - if you don't want clients breathig down your neck, don't mesh!  Hardwire or use Airmax radios for backhaul.  If anything with Unifi meshing, the seriously need mesh APs that have a third built in raidio that can be dedicated for the mesh link so you don't have to resort to using Airmax.  Then again uplinks/meshing with Unifi have always been somewhat problematic so if I were forced into that situation I'd prefer the control seperate Airmax radios would provide.  At $50 a radio for the nanostations it's not like it's a rediculous expense either.

When you receive a solution to your question/issue, don't forget to mark your thread as solved and to give kudo's to the people who have helped you out!

Having wifi problems? Take a look here first: https://help.ubnt.com/hc/en-us/articles/221029967-UniFi-Debugging-Intermittent-Connectivity-Issues-on-your-UAP