Internal network speed issue

Hi, 

I'm hoping someone can shed some light on an issue i'm having, I've got a Ubiquiti Unifi AC Pro Access point, this is connected via POE to a small 8 port POE switch which is then connected to a 24 port switch for the bulk of my network devices.

I recently upgraded firmware on my AP to the latest version (3.9.3.7537) After doing so, when i try and upload a file to my NAS it always fails, Giving me an error of: 

"The Finder can’t complete the operation because some data in “filename” can’t be read or written.
(Error code -36)"

However if i switch over to my backup wifi (Airport extreme - connected to the 24 port switch) i'm able to upload absoloutly fine. I've also tested with other clients and  get the same issue, so i can only assume that there's some issue with the new firmware, Does anyone else have this issue, or is there something basic that i'm missing? Any thoughts or ideas would be great!

My clients are Mac OSX based, The NAS is a Synology DS1815+ connecting via SMB.

Thank you.

Andrew

Veteran Member
Kudos: 1195
Solutions: 197

Re: Internal network speed issue

[ Edited ]

I doubt this is related to the AP firmware, but you can easily confirm by downgrading to whatever you used before and testing again.

First thing I would look at are file permissions. Your clients always keep the same IP address, no matter which AP they use (UBNT or Apple)?

Why did you call this topic "network speed issue"?

Hi ub40, 

Unfortunatly i know my AP was running quite a few firmware releases behind and therefore not sure which one to roll back to.

I doubt it's a file permissions issue as when connected via the UBNT it won't copy a file at all, when connected via the Apple AP i'm able to copy the exact same file to the same location as i tried via UBNT. All my clients are on a static IP.

I called this topic "Internal network speed issue" as thats what it seems to be, When connecting to the internet i don't seem to have any issues (i can run speed test and they seem to show the speeds i expect), but any local/internal network connections seem to be reduced or not working correctly.

Kudos: 1122
Solutions: 303

What happens if you connect the AP to the 24 port switch directly? 

I've not tried that as the 24 port isn't POE capable. It's just odd that it started happening after upgrading the firmware, I'll try rolling it back and starting from there again.