Accepted Solution

Is it possible to use a UAP to gain access to a wifi, then repeat the network, to a switch?

Hello. This is my first time asking a question to the community - i think.. Anyway..

Is it possible to use a UAP to gain access to a wifi, then repeat the network, to a switch via an ethernet cable? - So that you can have a wireless wire from one switch to another? 

Sincerely Thank you!

Accepted Solutions
Kudos: 4494
Solutions: 1167

Re: Is it possible to use a UAP to gain access to a wifi, then repeat the network, to a switch?

Hello @vicmrp,

A wireless wire?

You can wireless uplink a UAP to another UAP and use a switch behind both UAPs, see the example below.

USG > USW > UAP - - - - - - UAP < USW

I do however highly recommend hardwiring all your UAP/USWs.

Regards,

Glenn R.

Cloud Hosted Controllers | Glenn R. | UniFi Installation/Easy Update Scripts | UniFi-Video Installation Scripts | UniFi-VoIP Installation Scripts
USG-XG-8 • USG-4-PRO • USG
US-XG-16 • US-48-500W • US-24-POE-250W 2x • US-16-POE-150W 3x • US-24 • US-8-150W • US-8
UAP XG • UAP-SHD • UAP-HD • UAP-NanoHD 2x • UAP-AC-PRO 2x • UAP-AC-LITE • UAP-AC-IW • UAP-AC-M • UAP-AC-M-PRO 2x
UAS-XG • UCK-G2-PLUS • UCK-G2 • UCK

View solution in original post

All Replies

Re: Is it possible to use a UAP to gain access to a wifi, then repeat the network, to a switch?

Hello @vicmrp,

A wireless wire?

You can wireless uplink a UAP to another UAP and use a switch behind both UAPs, see the example below.

USG > USW > UAP - - - - - - UAP < USW

I do however highly recommend hardwiring all your UAP/USWs.

Regards,

Glenn R.

Cloud Hosted Controllers | Glenn R. | UniFi Installation/Easy Update Scripts | UniFi-Video Installation Scripts | UniFi-VoIP Installation Scripts
US-XG-16 • US-48-500W • US-24-POE-250W 2x • US-16-POE-150W 3x • US-24 • US-8-150W • US-8
UAP XG • UAP-SHD • UAP-HD • UAP-NanoHD 2x • UAP-AC-PRO 2x • UAP-AC-LITE • UAP-AC-IW • UAP-AC-M • UAP-AC-M-PRO 2x
Established Member
Kudos: 571
Solutions: 73

Yes but only if you use the Unifi AP's. They can't wirelessly connect to another companies AP.

Thank you so much Glenn!

How is it done? - any guides or something? 

What should i seach for on google to uptain the information needed to build this config? 

Sincerely

Victor 

Hello @vicmrp,

You can take a look at this article on the wireless uplink part.

Wireless uplinking a UAP thats hardwired into a switch can be a little tricky tho.

Regards,

Glenn R.

Thanks for the information

Sincerely

vicmrp

Highlighted

Hello @vicmrp,

You're welcome, glad I was able to help Man Happy

Regards,

Glenn R.