Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Just want to block a MAC address on my network

Gone thru every screen/option in the UniFi system (running current firmware/software for 2019) and cannot find any way to block a MAC address. Searched thru forums and found odds and ends, but no actual solution. Is there a way to actually block a MAC address on UniFi gear? Thanks for your help. 

Accepted Solutions
Kudos: 4494
Solutions: 1167

Re: Just want to block a MAC address on my network

Hello @David_Matusiak,

Just block the client?

Otherwise uuse the MAC Filter and blacklist that MAC address.

Settings > Wireless Networks > SSID > Mac Filter

Regards,

Glenn R.

Cloud Hosted Controllers | Glenn R. | UniFi Installation/Easy Update Scripts | UniFi-Video Installation Scripts | UniFi-VoIP Installation Scripts
USG-XG-8 • USG-4-PRO • USG
US-XG-16 • US-48-500W • US-24-POE-250W 2x • US-16-POE-150W 3x • US-24 • US-8-150W • US-8
UAP XG • UAP-SHD • UAP-HD • UAP-NanoHD 2x • UAP-AC-PRO 2x • UAP-AC-LITE • UAP-AC-IW • UAP-AC-M • UAP-AC-M-PRO 2x
UAS-XG • UCK-G2-PLUS • UCK-G2 • UCK

View solution in original post

All Replies

Well, I finally hovered over the right icon and it said "Block" so I clicked it. I hope this works, but some of the other posts indicated that the switch continued to pass traffic for devices they had blocked. So, no idea if it's working or how to verify... 

Hello @David_Matusiak,

Just block the client?

Otherwise uuse the MAC Filter and blacklist that MAC address.

Settings > Wireless Networks > SSID > Mac Filter

Regards,

Glenn R.

Cloud Hosted Controllers | Glenn R. | UniFi Installation/Easy Update Scripts | UniFi-Video Installation Scripts | UniFi-VoIP Installation Scripts
US-XG-16 • US-48-500W • US-24-POE-250W 2x • US-16-POE-150W 3x • US-24 • US-8-150W • US-8
UAP XG • UAP-SHD • UAP-HD • UAP-NanoHD 2x • UAP-AC-PRO 2x • UAP-AC-LITE • UAP-AC-IW • UAP-AC-M • UAP-AC-M-PRO 2x

Hi @AmazedMender16 

Thank you for your kind response. I eventually found the icon to block the device MAC and took that action. However, I really appreciate the tip you shared on how to get to the MAC Filter list per wireless network. Greatly appreciated! 

DM 

Hello @David_Matusiak,

You're welcome, glad you figured it out!

Regards,

Glenn R.