Solutions: 1
Accepted Solution

Lost Password

Updating Unifi Controller from 3.4.10 to 5.9.29. iMac 10.11 El Capitan. Got as far as sign in screen on 5.9.29 and sign in rejected saying incorrect username or password. Cannot get reset password email because SMTP was not set up on 3.4.10. Is there no way of recovering or resetting password other than via the email route? If not is the only way forward to do a new install, rebuild the network, reset each AP and get it readopted? I do have a backup from 3.4.10. All suggestions gratefully received! Many thanks.

Jan

Accepted Solutions

Re: Lost Password

Thanks TCOA.  In the end, I went back to an old version of the controller on a different computer, copied its backup file onto the main computer and began the update process again.  With the help of Ubiquiti help desk, this time a did an incremental backup 2.46 > 3.4.10 > 4.8.20 > 5.6.39 > 5.9.29. Along the way, I let each version settle down and made any AP firmware updates it indicated.  I will post this update chain to the community as it seems critical and is not readily availalbe.

Jan

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Established Member
Kudos: 718
Solutions: 212

Re: Lost Password

Thanks TCOA.  In the end, I went back to an old version of the controller on a different computer, copied its backup file onto the main computer and began the update process again.  With the help of Ubiquiti help desk, this time a did an incremental backup 2.46 > 3.4.10 > 4.8.20 > 5.6.39 > 5.9.29. Along the way, I let each version settle down and made any AP firmware updates it indicated.  I will post this update chain to the community as it seems critical and is not readily availalbe.

Jan