Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 181
Solutions: 7

Re: Manufacturing Mixup, Gen1 UniFi Switches without 24V Support

Hi,

Thanks for the update here.

We will get return labels sent out to you.

Thanks,

David

UBNT_Alternate_Logo.png

Ubiquiti Networks Enterprise Team

Check out our ever-evolving Help Center for answers to many common questions!

FREE UBWA Student Guide-Great RF Primer!

FREE UBRSS Student Guide-Great Intro to Routing & Switching!

Having connectivity issues? See: UniFi Debugging Intermittent Connectivity Issues on your UAP

Learn How to Establish a Connection Using SSH Here

Should i be expecting a PM or email for the return shipping label?

Thanks

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 181
Solutions: 7

Hi @kbridgeman

We will send a new return label to you via the email address provided on the rma form. 

Thanks,

David S

UBNT_Alternate_Logo.png

Ubiquiti Networks Enterprise Team

Check out our ever-evolving Help Center for answers to many common questions!

FREE UBWA Student Guide-Great RF Primer!

FREE UBRSS Student Guide-Great Intro to Routing & Switching!

Having connectivity issues? See: UniFi Debugging Intermittent Connectivity Issues on your UAP

Learn How to Establish a Connection Using SSH Here

Just ordered a 16-150W switch for cameras and then found this info/thread. I ordered from the UBNT online store, do I need to be concerned with getting an affected unit?

Emerging Member
Kudos: 6
Solutions: 2

[ Edited ]

if your in the EU/UK ubnt wont pay import duty, so you WILL be stung for about £80 / €80, this is will out of order, and breaks EU law for warranty exchanges, UBNT should be taking the responsibility for import duty.

And this all without the guarantee that the unit they have sent is a proper unit, many people here have recived another AT 2 or 3 times, imagine paying import duty for all those, do UBNT think we are idiots?

I am left with no further recourse but to do a charge back against the suppliers, this is very bad customer service, I won't be buying any more UBNT products or recormending them to any one else.

So EU/UK users PLEASE TAKE NOTE, do not expect a Free of Charge replacement via Warenty cliam with any UBNT products.

After 5 weeks, finaly got my switch replace with a working unit Thanks @UBNT-DavidS for all your work in sorting this out, just waiting for the returns label now so i can return the faulty unit.

Andy

Fourth switch was the charm. Jan 2018 build date, 24v POE support intact. Phew!

Emerging Member

not got my first yet, lol, might be 2019 by the time i get mine if ever Man Very Happy.
Kudos: 2

@ UBNT-DavidS

I received new one switch which working as expected and both POE variants are managable.

Old one were sent back by UPS.

No post and tax charges.

Thank you for your support!

Does anyone know if this is the case for Canada as well? I've received my RMA shipment email and it states the following:
"Kindly note that all RMA shipment will be shipped via DDU term. UBNT will pay for the return freight and receiver will be responsible for all applicable duties and customs charges. "

The only reason I bought this switch was to support passive POE to my cameras. The fact that I may be slammed with additional charges due to manufacturing error is insane.
SuperUser
Kudos: 5505
Solutions: 381

@Shecoolwrote:
The only reason I bought this switch was to support passive POE to my cameras. The fact that I may be slammed with additional charges due to manufacturing error is insane.

Reach out to @UBNT-DavidS and he will take care of it for you.

When you receive a solution to your question/issue, don't forget to mark your thread as solved and to give kudo's to the people who have helped you out!

Having wifi problems? Take a look here first: https://help.ubnt.com/hc/en-us/articles/221029967-UniFi-Debugging-Intermittent-Connectivity-Issues-on-your-UAP
Emerging Member

After 5 weeks, finaly got my switch replaced with a working unit, with no charge, Thanks @UBNT-DavidS for all your work in sorting this out, just waiting for the returns label now so i can return the faulty unit.

Andy

I have one to return.

Established Member
Kudos: 615
Solutions: 19

Hi @

SuperUser
Kudos: 5505
Solutions: 381

@bcdouglaswrote:

Hi @

You can check your self.  If you edit a ports settings and in POE you are offered both kinds you are fine.  If you are offered only POE+ then open an RMA. 

When you receive a solution to your question/issue, don't forget to mark your thread as solved and to give kudo's to the people who have helped you out!

Having wifi problems? Take a look here first: https://help.ubnt.com/hc/en-us/articles/221029967-UniFi-Debugging-Intermittent-Connectivity-Issues-on-your-UAP
Established Member
Kudos: 615
Solutions: 19

[ Edited ]

Ah yes, only POE, thanks. No more POE to 24v adapters for me!

@UBNT-DavidS RMA submitted and approved. Sent you the RMA number.

Kudos: 1

Recieved a new US-16-150W last Friday with a Test Date 01/06/18. PoE, PoE+, and passive PoE 24V work as expected. Also, the shipment include a RMA return label.

Thank you 

Kudos: 3
Solutions: 1

I have 2 16 port switches with no 24v poe.

Submitted rma request this morning.

Hi mine isn't AT in the model but still can't find how to activate passive 24v where should it be?
John.hetherington@orange.fr
Kudos: 1

You have to activate 24v for each desired ethernet port in the controller software.  They don't ship enabled, proabably to protect from damaging other equipment.  Its a little hard to find in the software, but there is a radial button for no power/poe/24v.... I want to say under each individual port profile.  I don't have access to the controller software on the machine I am replying from, so can't point you exactly where unfortunately.

Hi All,

After 4 months I've finally received my replacement unit! The test date looks good, but I will verify once I have time this weekend. This has been probably one of the most ridiculous RMA processes I've been through, so I wanted to provide some tips for anyone going through the process.

1) Do not just submit the RMA form - Contact DavidS. I originally submitted the RMA form with all the details, hoping that they would read the form and process correctly. After weeks of waiting, I contacted DavidS. Shortly after that I received the email that my RMA was finally being shipped. 

2) Talk to the Logistics team directly. When my replacement finally arrived, UPS wanted me to pay 50 dollars in duty fees. I told them NO and to hold the package as I sorted it out with the manufacturer. After that, I contacted DavidS and explained my situation. DavidS proceeded to follow-up with the shipper, but that took weeks. Eventually UPS started calling me saying that they will either return the package to the sender, or it will be lost. DavidS was finally able to get my a commercial invoice which stated the item had no commercial value. I called UPS and explained that I had this invoice. They told me to email it to them and they would try to dispute the custom charges, but I would still need to pay 10 dollars in brokerage fees. They would not give me an ETA as to when the custom charges would be cleared, and told me to check the tracking details online. After this call, I emailed DavidS and mentioned that once custom charges are cleared, I would still need to pay brokerage according to UPS. I received no response.

Eventually I received an email from the Ubiquiti Logistics team. They said UPS called them and informed them that I had not picked up the package and it would be sent back. I responded and detailed the situation and my outrage at how this was being handled. The person from the logisitics team was EXTREMELY helpful, she told me she would file to have the duty charges removed. A few days later I finally received my replacement.

Good luck to anyone that still needs a replacement! It is a lengthy process. Hopefully these tips can help speed the process along for some people.