Scheduled maintenance: Community available only in read-only mode until 6:00 AM (PT)
Kudos: 1
Accepted Solution

Mikrotik as DHCP and WAN router, Unifi AP-AC-LR as a main AP and hotspot and dd-wrt as a repeater

[ Edited ]

Hi,

So, as I mentioned on the title, I have a Mikrotik router to manage WAN and LAN connections with a DHCP Server.

I am using the Unifi AP-AC-LR for wireless connections of my costumers and a hotspot with Facebook Wi-Fi so people can check-in if they want free internet.

The issue is that one Unifi AP isn't enough. I am using a linksys with dd-wrt so I can extend the Wifi signal until I buy another Unifi AP. But I can't seem to manage to make people connect via hotspot. Basically I don't know how to configure the dd-wrt so when a customer connects to it, it shows the log-in/check-in page of Facebook and then enables the traffic. I have a cable from Mikrotik that goes to dd-wrt so I believe this makes it more easier and better?

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions
Veteran Member
Kudos: 1370
Solutions: 238

Re: Mikrotik as DHCP and WAN router, Unifi AP-AC-LR as a main AP and hotspot and dd-wrt as a repeate

@drenukmataIt will not work!!!Ihih Icon Wink

Art of WiFi
Check out our UniFi API browser tool on GitHub. The PHP API client which it uses, can be found here on GitHub.
The thread on our UniFi Device Search tool can be found here, also check out our Captive Portal solutions for UniFi.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Veteran Member

Re: Mikrotik as DHCP and WAN router, Unifi AP-AC-LR as a main AP and hotspot and dd-wrt as a repeate

@drenukmata Welcome to these forums.

Adding the Linksys and expecting it to extend your UniFi network with the captive portal is never going to work. For this you will need to add another UniFi access point.

Art of WiFi
Check out our UniFi API browser tool on GitHub. The PHP API client which it uses, can be found here on GitHub.
The thread on our UniFi Device Search tool can be found here, also check out our Captive Portal solutions for UniFi.

Thank you for replying.

Well, it's a shame to not be able to somehow make this as a workaround until getting another AP Man Happy
SuperUser
Kudos: 5145
Solutions: 1458

yeah, wds bridging is one of those things that tends to be "vendor specific"... 

yeah, but I also have a cable that goes from mikrotik to dd-wrt, so basically it can be a wired connection...

But, if by any chance WDS bridging works, should I just connect to the open SSID that redirects to the hotspot and that would be it?
Veteran Member

@drenukmataIt will not work!!!Ihih Icon Wink

Art of WiFi

Damnit! Man Tongue