Kudos: 8

Multi-use voucher quota

Checking with the pros to see whether this is a normal behaviour.

"When setting a quota limit for a multi-use voucher, does the cap applies to voucher itself, or each user who uses it?"

I assumed the former, but my testing outcome seems to be the latter.

Re: Multi-use voucher quota

Has anybody tried this?
Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 745
Solutions: 40
Contributions: 1

@Slkvc Thanks for posting- yes the cap applies to each user who uses it. i.e. A voucher with a limit of ten uses with a 1GB limit can be used 10 times for a total of 10 GB. 

UBNT_Alternate_Logo.png
Ubiquiti Networks Enterprise Support Team

Check out our ever-evolving Help Center for answers to many common questions!

@UBNT-APieper Thanks for the reply. In that case, do you guys have any roadmap to allow voucher cap instead of user cap?
Reason for this is for example in a hotel environment, a family may buy a single voucher and share it among one another, instead of buying one for each devices.
Kudos: 1

[ Edited ]

So this has been a problem for a long time. Has anybody at ubiquiti actually used the multi-use voucher quota? The way it's currently set up makes it absolutely useless. There's no reason for the quota to be applied separately to each device instead of per voucher, shared across all devices using the voucher

I second this - its causing showstopper for a large client. Please Ubuity - can you solve this?
is it because the control of usage is at the AP level?

I quick solution for a custom portal is to have a callback implemented where the AP tells the controller a device's data or time limt has expired and then expose a api callback on the controller. then we can de-authorize any linked devices ourselves?

please?
Highlighted
Veteran Member
Kudos: 1345
Solutions: 234

@ByronCoetzee wrote:
I second this - its causing showstopper for a large client. Please Ubuity - can you solve this?
is it because the control of usage is at the AP level?

I quick solution for a custom portal is to have a callback implemented where the AP tells the controller a device's data or time limt has expired and then expose a api callback on the controller. then we can de-authorize any linked devices ourselves?
please?

@ByronCoetzee While I agree with you and other members that true shared quota would be nice to have, I do think it’s not that simple to implement it as you picture. Furthermore, REST APIs tend to not have callbacks implementations.

Anyhow, there are already several feature requests for this so I suggest those community membrs looking for this, to go upvote at lest one of them. Here’s one:

https://community.ubnt.com/t5/UniFi-Feature-Requests/Hotspot-Voucher-Multiple-devices-1-Shared-Data-...

Art of WiFi
Check out our UniFi API browser tool on GitHub. The PHP API client which it uses, can be found here on GitHub.
The thread on our UniFi Device Search tool can be found here, also check out our Captive Portal solutions for UniFi.