NanoHD Restarting On It's Own

Just started noticing the mentioned issue. My NanoHD has begun to restart on it's own as per events log and loss of connection. The issue started on 4/29 and happen about every 20-23 hours. AP is on version 4.0.21.9965. I see some old posts that had similar issues related to much older firmware. Any ideas?

Kudos: 4489
Solutions: 1167

Re: NanoHD Restarting On It's Own

Hello @jlomaga,

Do you have a syslog server running?

Upgrade the UAP to 4.0.30. ( use the firmware binary link location )

Devices > UAP > Config > Manage Device > Custom Upgrade

Regards,
Glenn R.

Cloud Hosted Controllers | Glenn R. | UniFi Installation/Easy Update Scripts | UniFi-Video Installation Scripts | UniFi-VoIP Installation Scripts
USG-XG-8 • USG-4-PRO • USG
US-XG-16 • US-48-500W • US-24-POE-250W 2x • US-16-POE-150W 3x • US-24 • US-8-150W • US-8
UAP XG • UAP-SHD • UAP-HD • UAP-NanoHD 2x • UAP-AC-PRO 2x • UAP-AC-LITE • UAP-AC-IW • UAP-AC-M • UAP-AC-M-PRO 2x
UAS-XG • UCK-G2-PLUS • UCK-G2 • UCK

I do not have syslog running, nor would I know where to start, I'll give this firmware a spin, and know by tomorrow.

Hello @jlomaga,

Keep me posted!

Regards,

Glenn R.

Cloud Hosted Controllers | Glenn R. | UniFi Installation/Easy Update Scripts | UniFi-Video Installation Scripts | UniFi-VoIP Installation Scripts
US-XG-16 • US-48-500W • US-24-POE-250W 2x • US-16-POE-150W 3x • US-24 • US-8-150W • US-8
UAP XG • UAP-SHD • UAP-HD • UAP-NanoHD 2x • UAP-AC-PRO 2x • UAP-AC-LITE • UAP-AC-IW • UAP-AC-M • UAP-AC-M-PRO 2x
Kudos: 1623
Solutions: 197

@jlomaga wrote:

I do not have syslog running, nor would I know where to start, I'll give this firmware a spin, and know by tomorrow.

When UAPs are unexpectedly crashing/rebooting enabling netconsole to UBNT can be very helpful.  This will provide additional detail not found in normal logging including the actual crash (panic/oops:  "what" happened) message along with the stacktrace ("where" it happened).

Current UniFI controller versions have an option to enable this but if you need more detail please ask.

After configuring this you'll need to identify to UBNT your WAN IP so they can find the messages in their logs.  If you don't have a UBNT contact before then you should open a ticket via Submit a Request that has the details.

Unfortunately the restart happened this morning, granted got a few more hours out of it on the new firmware, opend a ticket to get set-up for logging and seeing whats up.

Hello @jlomaga,

Does the oopsdump command give any feedback?

oopsdump

Regards,

Glenn R.

CC @UBNT-AngusL 

@AmazedMender16 wrote:

Hello @jlomaga,

oopsdump

Regards,

Glenn R.

CC @UBNT-AngusL 

Issue is still on-going, granted slightly longer uptimes, oopsdump command has no file. Logs after the restart are useless since they don't capture before the restart. Whats the process for capturing syslogs? I pulled the controller log and don't see anything other then the discover occur and the AP being found again, but no reason for the restart.

@AmazedMender16 wrote:

Hello @jlomaga,

oopsdump

Regards,

Glenn R.

CC @UBNT-AngusL 

Issue is still on-going, granted slightly longer uptimes, oopsdump command has no file. Logs after the restart are useless since they don't capture before the restart. Whats the process for capturing syslogs? I pulled the controller log and don't see anything other then the discover occur and the AP being found again, but no reason for the restart.

Highlighted

Hello @jlomaga,

You would need to setup a syslog server or point to UBNT's syslog server.

Regards,

Glenn R.

So seems to be an issue with the switch. Found the following error in the switch log at the exact time the AP restarted. UBNT_POE: PoE firmware check failed, reset the module. rc 0x000f

Waiting on support for next steps.