Scheduled maintenance: Community will be offline Monday June 17th, 1:00 AM - 6:00 AM (PT)

New Wireless Project on local hotel

Hello guys, First of all i am new here on ubnt forum. i've been reading for so long time but registered just now Man Happy

We have to prepare new wireless system for a local hotel with appr. 250 user. They worked with another company before me and they just made a system which is working with 4 piece of ENH210 engenius and after 2 years there is some issue with coverage area.

Then the company try fix it with 4 m2 rocket with sector antenna. But it didnt work. every night, when all user are active on AP's, they cant get ip address or they even cant connect to AP.

So we started working with them and i made a hotspot system with RouterBOARD 2011UiAS-2HnD becuase the goverment need an authentication system whitch get information from hotel software.

The firewall setup is 10.5.4.0/22 ip range is 10.5.4.2 === 10.5.7.200 .

I prepare cat6 cable and power for every a.p place. The only problem is which A.p i can use for this project.I've heard that m2 rocket is not good for end users (laptop and cell phone users).

I need your suggestions for improvement for this project.

ap.png

SuperUser
Kudos: 4678
Solutions: 1060

Re: New Wireless Project on local hotel

As you surmise a Rocket M2 is not the best AP for this application. Its not designed as a wifi AP although in the past many have used them.

Look at UniFi for wifi AP's.

UK Comms & Links Engineer.

Come on you lot, Feel free to 'Mark as Solution' At least click the Kudos button. Thanks.

Top Solution Authors Leaderboard

Can you tell me spesific which AP ?

SuperUser

For outdoor use I would consider the AC Mesh & the AC Mesh Pro. These can be used as straight outdoor APs or in mesh configuration.

Come on you lot, Feel free to 'Mark as Solution' At least click the Kudos button. Thanks.

what about using ac-mesh with UMA-D antenna ? did

SuperUser

Yes thats an option based on site survey and conditions. The Pro has an omni built in and the mesh has rubber duck or external option.

Yes im gonna test ac mesh with UMA-D antenna soon as possible. i'll let you know about testing.

Kudos: 3

Are the arrows on the map shows the current or new WIFI placement? What area are you tring to coverage? can yiou upload a picture why more detail, highlight the building, what is the building made from? brick, steal, wodd....

Thanks guys for helping and sorry for bad information. we decide outdoor project. We gonna run cable 4 point per floor. i will post the rest of the project after being succes.