Highlighted
Kudos: 7

Re: New cloud Key is fast and has lots of storage!

Has anybody received this new USB C version yet?

Emerging Member
Kudos: 2

[ Edited ]

I've been casually looking for the usb-c version for several weeks without success.

USG-3P 4.4.29
AC-Lite\Pro\HD 3.9.54
Controller 5.9.29

Also looking to purchase the latest version of the Cloud Key

2GB Memory

16GB Storage

USB-C

Anybody had any luck?

[ Edited ]

I contacted Ubiquiti about this and they sent me on a wild goose chase.  I was told by support that I recevied the old version because I did not purchase from them or one of their distributors, they claimed if I purchase direct I would receive the new version.  So I returned my older version to Amazon and purchased one from ubnt.com, paying more, only to receive the same old version.  Then Ubiquiti told me they would not return the one I purchased direct as it was opened box!  Well there is no way to tell the old from new based on the box.  It took weeks of arguing to get them to finally agree to take back the wrong item they told me to buy.  I shipped it with their UPS return label and now UPS says they can't find it and don't have record of it.  So I guess I am just out my CloudKey when all I tried to do was contact Ubiquiti about this new version, then followed their instructions...

At the end of it they now claim the new version is only available to "alpha testers" and should be available in a few weeks even though the support guy said they have had them for a while.  I wouldn't hold them to that as their employees all seem to have a different story which changes day to day and don't know what another group is doing or even what their current products are.  I would hold off and wait for the new version if you are looking to buy soon. 

The difficulty is we may never know which version is being sold unless the retailers explains this as Ubiquiti stupidly kept the same SKU for the new version.  All this really lowered my view of Ubiquiti as a company...  

Emerging Member
Kudos: 2

Well that has to be frustrating. I'm holding off buying the CK until I can know what I'm buying. 

Ubiquity kept the same SKU for the new version of the ac-lite too. Only distinguished by a blue sticker in the top left corner of the box too.

USG-3P 4.4.29
AC-Lite\Pro\HD 3.9.54
Controller 5.9.29
Kudos: 1155
Solutions: 98

[ Edited ]

Depending on how long you can wait.  This maybe something to look foward to.

FCC ID SWX-UCKG2

Thanks for the heads up Charkin.

Thanks for the info Sango.  I'll keep my eye out for that while im looking/waiting.

No problem, really absurd that nobody at the company seems to know what it going on with their products.  But what really irritated me is their attitude, acting like they couldn't understand why I would not be OK with paying a higher price for an old version of hardware at the direction of their employees.  They instructed me to return the item I purchased from a 3rd party as it is old stock, then proceded to sell me the same thing direct.  Sounds like that could be a shady tactic for selling direct and making more money.

This behavior seems legally questionable as well.  They STILL have the datasheet for the new version linked from the CloudKey website, specing out the newer version with more storage and higher memory, yet it is unavailble.  Then when you click to buy you will receive the old version.  How is that not false advertising?

I should have never contacted them, I would still have my CloudKey and would not have wasted so much time and frustration caused by simply asking whats up with the new version...