Old Gen UAP Wont Factory Reset

Hello!

I have a last gen UAP (using 802.11b/g/n) that I got for just messing around and learning the UniFi platform and just as a little Access Point to maximize my current WiFi coverage. The issue is that the UAP was NOT "forgotten" or reset when it was in use on it's last Controller. It seemed to have 3 Networks attached to it, including 1 Guest. I have a controller setup in a VM on my server. So I went forward with resetting it.

So I tried to perform a factory reset with a paperclip. Held it for more than 5 seconds, nothing. Reboots and continues with current configuration. Treid for more than 10 seconds, same thing. Upon boot, flashes green (Locating) until steady green (Located).. However the controller cannot see it (obviously) -- and was not adopted on this new controller anyways. However the old networks are no longer showing up on my Laptop.

What can I do here?

Kudos: 4494
Solutions: 1167

Re: Old Gen UAP Wont Factory Reset

Hello @agit,

Welcome to the community!

You can try to perform a TFTP Recovery with 4.0.30.

Regards,

Glenn R.

Cloud Hosted Controllers | Glenn R. | UniFi Installation/Easy Update Scripts | UniFi-Video Installation Scripts | UniFi-VoIP Installation Scripts
USG-XG-8 • USG-4-PRO • USG
US-XG-16 • US-48-500W • US-24-POE-250W 2x • US-16-POE-150W 3x • US-24 • US-8-150W • US-8
UAP XG • UAP-SHD • UAP-HD • UAP-NanoHD 2x • UAP-AC-PRO 2x • UAP-AC-LITE • UAP-AC-IW • UAP-AC-M • UAP-AC-M-PRO 2x
UAS-XG • UCK-G2-PLUS • UCK-G2 • UCK

Will try to do this shortly, thanks!

Apologies for inactivity, I was shooting emails back and forth with support (with no success so far).

Still having trouble.. Tried quite a few times to throw it into TFTP Recovery, still blinks green and goes solid even after 25 seconds of the reset button being depressed before power-up.

I'm stumped. I did manage to establish SSH - I so thought but default credentials do not work (user: ubnt, pw: ubnt). If I try to throw it into factory reset, the RSA key does change and does emit a warning about the host's key changing.. neat.

Anything else I can try or is this just a bust?

Hello @agit,

What is the LED color of the UAP?

Have you tried to reset it via SSH?

syswrapper.sh restore-default

Regards,

Glenn R.

Cloud Hosted Controllers | Glenn R. | UniFi Installation/Easy Update Scripts | UniFi-Video Installation Scripts | UniFi-VoIP Installation Scripts
US-XG-16 • US-48-500W • US-24-POE-250W 2x • US-16-POE-150W 3x • US-24 • US-8-150W • US-8
UAP XG • UAP-SHD • UAP-HD • UAP-NanoHD 2x • UAP-AC-PRO 2x • UAP-AC-LITE • UAP-AC-IW • UAP-AC-M • UAP-AC-M-PRO 2x

[ Edited ]

@AmazedMender16  The color is green,

I can't log into user ubnt (incorrect password). When I do try to reset, it changes the RSA key and I have to change the SHA256 with the new one in my host file before reconnecting.

Hello @agit,

Green means it's adopted/configured, so you didn't factory reset it correctly.

You have to hold the reset button for 10 seconds.

What did you use to configure/adopt the UAP?

Regards,

Glenn R.

[ Edited ]

@AmazedMender16  I've tried this repeatedly, This AP was NEVER adopted by me as mentioned before. Please read my previous replies for reference. I can try to reset it again, don't know how many times I've tired, but I will again.

Hello @agit,

Where did you get the UAP from? you could ask them for the device credentials....

The UAP should have a Amber or White LED when it's factory default.

Regards,

Glenn R.