Original PC with Controller crashed and new Operating system installed

Hello,

I originally installed 2 Unifi Lite APs in my home and configured them.  The PC that had the Controller for them had to install a new operating system (Windows10).  Unfortuneatly no config backup file was saved in the process of the new OS install.  I installed a new controller app on the PC after new OS was installed and added a USG but I cant adopt the APs now since the controller that was used to install them was wiped.  What are my options to adopt them into the new controller with lost config file?  I hate to do a factory reset and reconfigure them.  Any help appreciated.

Established Member
Kudos: 390
Solutions: 132

Re: Original PC with Controller crashed and new Operating system installed

Without a backup factory resting them is the only way to move them to a new controller.

If you have ssh access to the AP you can get the currently running config ( /tmp/system.cfg ) and use that as a guide for your settings in the new controller.

[ Edited ]

I was afraid of that.  Can I run Putty from the Win PC and get into the APs IP address?  I am not really Linux savy but if you can point to the procedure I can do it.  Also can you SSH into the AP and do a factory reset without removing the AP and pressing the reset button?  Is there a list of Linux commands and procedure to do this....?....thanks...

BTW next time on the new console I WILL download the config file.Icon Wink

Established Member
Kudos: 390
Solutions: 132

Highlighted