Outdoor AP 5 stuck in "Ugrading" when adopting to my EC2 controller

I have my controller running on AWS EC2 and it has a mix of UAP Pro and Outdoor AP 5.  I have two Outdoor AP 5 units that I am trying to Adopt to the controller and they both get stuck in an "Upgrading" status.  I have reset them and retired several times.  My contoller is running 2.3.9.1693 and these two AP's came with FW 2.4.8.  I'm confident that I have recently provisioned other AP 5's that had similar or older FW out of the box with no issue.  I can adopt these to my local desktop controller but not to my EC2 on Amazon,

What can I do, I have a client install tomorrow?  Thanks

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 16182
Solutions: 607
Contributions: 20

Re: Outdoor AP 5 stuck in "Ugrading" when adopting to my EC2 controller

[ Edited ]

@tech514 wrote:

I have my controller running on AWS EC2 and it has a mix of UAP Pro and Outdoor AP 5.  I have two Outdoor AP 5 units that I am trying to Adopt to the controller and they both get stuck in an "Upgrading" status.  I have reset them and retired several times.  My contoller is running 2.3.9.1693 and these two AP's came with FW 2.4.8.  I'm confident that I have recently provisioned other AP 5's that had similar or older FW out of the box with no issue.  I can adopt these to my local desktop controller but not to my EC2 on Amazon,

What can I do, I have a client install tomorrow?  Thanks

The OUI of these new APs is likely too new for the firmware included with controller v2.3.9. You'll need to update the controller, or disable automatic upgrades (although really you should upgrade the controller).

Best regards,
Mike